• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crappy government

Paid to sit at homes on our bums?

Don't think being at home, running a house and looking after a young child is sitting on your bum personally.

I'm not being funny hun but can I just ask why you seem so adamant to turn this thread into a row again?? It just seems to have gotten back on track!!

I think this thread has run its course - I've gone back ten pages to try and find a point somewhere but it seems to have been completely lost along the way

I think it is called a health in pregnancy grant as it is a 'reward' for going to the midwife/doctor (depending on the care you need) and therefore looking after your health as they will talk to you about things you should and should not be doing, check your overall health etc, nothing to do with eating healthy in pregnancy (although that should get talked about with your hcp)

I found this link that explains the point of the HIP Grant quite well.

https://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicatio...ctsandbills/HealthandSocialCareBill/DH_080449

Thanks for that :thumbup:

I didn't mean or want to have an argument, just needed to say it as I don't want anyone to think that's what people do.

Ignore me, I'm having a really, really shitty day :(

I really think dailymail ment it to cause an argument I think she just meant being at home all day doesn't mean you sit on your bum etc

I never stop :)

:hugs:
xx

I agree with bexy! people lied to me too about it getting easier :growlmad: newborns just sleep, eat and crap, yeah they cry but only when the need to eat or have done a crap. Wish DS was still a newborn, he slept better for a start and he would just lay happily under his play gym watching the lights

I thought it would be easier as he wouldnt be crawling about now its harder as I need eyes on the back of my head and when I am trying to do something he is running the other way! sometimes I dont even get to eat I am that busy. I have heard so many say that stay at home mums do nothing, clearly they have never actually stayed at home and looked after babies on their own? running a house and having a baby and pregnant and wreaked is not easy. My OH mum goes on like that as I heard her on speaker phone when he was talking to her she called and I was breastfeeding so I didnt answer phone as he was just near to sleep " oh she was sleeping or whatever little she does" thats what she said,. Oh I was raging! sleep!!! yeah that would be bloody nice!

I thought it would be easier as he wouldnt be crawling about now its harder as I need eyes on the back of my head and when I am trying to do something he is running the other way! sometimes I dont even get to eat I am that busy. I have heard so many say that stay at home mums do nothing, clearly they have never actually stayed at home and looked after babies on their own? running a house and having a baby and pregnant and wreaked is not easy. My OH mum goes on like that as I heard her on speaker phone when he was talking to her she called and I was breastfeeding so I didnt answer phone as he was just near to sleep " oh she was sleeping or whatever little she does" thats what she said,. Oh I was raging! sleep!!! yeah that would be bloody nice!

Thats another thing that annoys me. So many people say I get a nice rest every time I nurse DS, ummm no I don't! Granted I lay with him but for all of about 10mins then I have to get up, have a tidy round and do the things I can't do when he is down here because if I turn away for 1minute he will be climbing on something barely get my bum onto a chair and he wakes up ready for lunch :dohh: wouldn't change it for the world though :cloud9:

I agree, Joseph wants attention all the time so some days I am grateful if I can get the washing up done and a load of washing in and out .

I never realised how exhausting it would be to have a mobile baby. He will play on his own but only if I am sitting right there beside him, if I try to do anything, even right next to him, he's crying and scrabbling and wanting to be picked up or he has climbed up something or escaped or has found something he shouldn't have.

Even going to the toilet is hard work because he's hanging onto me and crying. I have some tricks, like letting him throw the washing about while I sort some other bits into the machine but I can honestly say it hasn't gotten easier as he has gotten older. I thought it was just me but clearly it is because the people who say it gets easier have lied :winkwink:

It's amazing how much housework you can cram in to nap time but sometimes it's a choice between me eating or getting something done. Which means that when he goes to bed I have loads still to do but I feel like I've already done a full days work entertaining Joseph and doing what I can.

There really isn't much sitting about getting paid for nothing in our house, although for all my complaining there I love him to bits and am glad I can spend this time with him.

Oh what id give to be able to sit around in Brookes presence for more than 5 minutes :lol:

Thats another thing that annoys me. So many people say I get a nice rest every time I nurse DS, ummm no I don't! Granted I lay with him but for all of about 10mins then I have to get up, have a tidy round and do the things I can't do when he is down here because if I turn away for 1minute he will be climbing on something barely get my bum onto a chair and he wakes up ready for lunch :dohh: wouldn't change it for the world though :cloud9:

It aintg a nice rest when your house looks like a tip and theres a pile of washing and no one seems to know but me where the dishwasher is, hoovering, moping :cry: i am actually moving to a smaller place as I just cant manage this house and a toddler its to big. I used to walk about with a sling on feeding but he is to heavy for that now, number to will be stuck on a sling and poor me will be knackered looking after two and house work. I dont know how single mums with more children do it its not an easy job and certainly not sitting on bum all day. Even when they go to school there is only like a 4 hour gap in between in which things like housework, laundry must be done. And no baby sitters around me for nights out and me time is 10mmins in a shower when I get the chance and thats unpredictable. Wasnt it so much easier wheeling them about doing the housework rather than chasing them. I will not be so eager for the next to get on the feet fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->