• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crappy government

Wriggley

Reaction score
child trust fund... cut from £250 to £50 and the £500 grant cut to £100... i dont qualify for the £500 one anyone ways but this is being put in place from August 1st 2010 any babies with a due date after this date will have their trust fund and grant cut

No extra help for us then!! :growlmad:

I knew that Cameron was gonna be a c**t :growlmad:

Wonder what will go next...HIP grant no doubt!

and hes going to tax the money we put in to our childrens trust funds!

and hes going to tax the money we put in to our childrens trust funds!

So we cant even save for our OWN children!! FFS!!

Well i wont be putting any in, i'd rather a private savings account,
not putting money in HIS pocket!! :growlmad:

:( what a ridiculous thing to do! that money is important for their future :( they shouldn't be able to do that!

FYI.... https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/spending-cuts-child-trust-funds-axed-tele-fcdcd1695751.html[/url]

yeah im not saving in the trust fund accounts! by the time they tax the money we save it wont be long before they make that 50 quid back along with more!

:( I know that cuts are necessary to sort out the economic mess Labour left us with but is taxing newborn children the way to go? seems like they are being punished when they haven't done anything. I'd probably sort out a private account of some sort for our baby's savings anyways. is a shame tho, I'm sure our baby will get a fair bit of money from relatives as presents but cutting the grant from £250 to £50 is a bit harsh! I didnt qualify for the £500 anyway.

:( what a ridiculous thing to do! that money is important for their future :( they shouldn't be able to do that!

i know but the thing is with the cons they dont care about peoples futures... they will be doubling university tuition fees too!

its like they only want the rich to go to uni

can you put the trust fund £ into an account of your choice? i want to set up my own one for baba. apparently next year the trust fund/grant will be scrapped completely so anyone due after the beginning of the year gets nothing...shocking!!!!

Too right ^^^^^

They give you a meesly £50 knowing for a fact they will actually
make more off you in the long run, well NOT me!!

I knew the S**t was gonna hit the fan if they won,
ok not as soon as this even im shocked!
But i did see it all coming.
In the near future pregnant woman will have no help at all.
It's all about trying to cut down, even the population :growlmad:

can you put the trust fund £ into an account of your choice? i want to set up my own one for baba. apparently next year the trust fund/grant will be scrapped completely so anyone due after the beginning of the year gets nothing...shocking!!!!

no the trust fund accounts are designed for u to put money in but not being allowed to take money out... basically if u want a private saving account instead u cant get the 50 quid but to be honest its pointless as u will pay it back in tax so just get a normal saving account

doesn't matter what account you put it in hon, interest on all UK bank accounts is liable to taxation, most banks pay interest net of basic rate tax, for those that pay it gross you're supposed to declare it - so he gets it either way...

Is that if your due after that date or turn 29 weeks after that date, as you can apply for the 500 from 29weeks?
That really takes the p*** though what about people who rely on that grant

doesn't matter what account you put it in hon, interest on all UK bank accounts is liable to taxation, most banks pay interest net of basic rate tax, for those that pay it gross you're supposed to declare it - so he gets it either way...

nation wide do a savings where u dont get taxed on the first 3000 per year :)

Is that if your due after that date or turn 29 weeks after that date, as you can apply for the 500 from 29weeks?
That really takes the p*** though what about people who rely on that grant

nope anyone with a due date after august 1st wont get that money

Oh my god!! I am sooo angry about this, since losing my job I was really relying on the £500 grant!! This is exactly why I DIDN'T vote for conservatives!

xx

Great so that will really put some people in probelms, i would have got the grant but luckly can afford things without it.
Do we still get the HIP grant or has that gone as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->