Cravings alternatives!

mzimm1

Reaction score
I'm now 23 weeks and the cravings are getting pretty unbearable! I just NEED icing... or anything super sweet. I've tried apples and peanut butter (for sweetness and texture), I've tried bananas and different low fat yogurt flavors (the kind with no aspertame)... I just want to sit with a bowl full of icing and a spoon!

My last pregnancy I had pre-e, so I'm trying to be very aware of my weight this time around. (I know it doesn't necessarily cause it, but my doctor suggested I keep my weight low in an effort to help at least a little!).

Any suggestions for something I can snack on to satisfy my unruly cravings?

Try yogurt for a sugar craving. Also it probably won't hurt to indulge in just a tiny tiny bit of frosting, like a spoonful. I know you're trying to be aware of your weight, but sometimes just letting yourself have a small amount of the bad food is better for you than eating a bunch of other stuff to try to satisfy it.

Try yogurt for a sugar craving. Also it probably won't hurt to indulge in just a tiny tiny bit of frosting, like a spoonful. I know you're trying to be aware of your weight, but sometimes just letting yourself have a small amount of the bad food is better for you than eating a bunch of other stuff to try to satisfy it.

I've been allowing myself to indulge a little (mini cannolis, mini cupcakes...), but before pregnancy I rarely ate sweets. I realized my "indulging" was happening once a day. I need to save it for the weekends! Maybe I'll try some more yogurt flavors...

Sorry I missed where you had already said you tried yogurt. Maybe you could do something like get a bunch of almonds and lightly drizzle them with chocolate, just a tiny tiny bit. That way you're mostly eating something healthy with just a taste of chocolate.

You could try flavored water, sometimes that is enough for my sweet tooth.

Fruit! Eat much fruit! Cherries are in season (at least where I am) and those are pretty sweet.

I also really like frozen grapes. They're not super sweet but they help me with satisfying my ice cream cravings.

You tried dipping the apples into the icing? That way you're just getting a little bit each time but still getting that fix? Cravings are unbearable I get pica so crave non food items like cement, grout and tyres 😕

Have you tried Dole Dippers? I know it's not up the icing alley, but it's definitely good for a sweet craving! https://www.krogerkrazy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Snip20140911_88.png

The only thing I could think of to help with an icing craving is to possibly make your own with greek yogurt? That way you have some and it's not as guilt-ridden when you indulge.

Thanks everyone! These are some great ideas ��

could you try some dark chocolate? Dark chocolate has a lot of antioxidants in it without having a lot of sugar, and is actually good for you.

Usually when I have a craving I make myself herbal tea :haha: it's hardly an alternative as it tastes nothing like what I really want, but it helps me forget quick, and fills me up too

Sometimes you just have to give in to the craving and even a small taste will help alleviate it.

I recently saw a recipe online for greek yogurt mixed with cheesecake flavored pudding mix.. it said

1/2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
3-4 tsp Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix
1 tsp Peanut Butter {optional}

sounds amazing to me and I bet you could make all different kinds of pudding mixes this way.. I honestly think I'm going to go buy this right now.... okay, now I know I am.

oh yeah, I also used to freeze banana slices and then blend them and it is smooth and just like frozen yogurt, it's sooo good..I thought it would be slimy or chunky but it's amazing..also mixed peanut butter or chocolate mix..maybe pudding mix would be good in there too

Yum!! Dark chocolate and the pudding ideas are awesome! Thanks, ladies!

My idea is similar to myfavsurprise. I make this super healthy ice cream for dd.....

The maim ingredient is banana. Slice it up. Freeze it in a tub. Then put it in a blender (needs to soften a little after coming out of the fteezer).

This makes divine ice cream all on its own. You can add anything though. Cacao powder and a fresh date makes a yummy sweet chocolaty ice cream. Or add strawberries for a fruity one :)

Tried the pudding yogurt, was great! Couldn't find the cheesecake flavor but tried white chocolate, chocolate fudge wasn't nearly as good..made frozen dots out of the white chocolate one, waiting for it to freeze now :)

There is no alternative to what we crave when I want something nothing else will do !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->