Crazy cycles! Don't know where I am!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Mrs Dot, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

Hi all, was hoping you could help me, here's my cycle history since I came off bcp:

finished pill end Dec 2008
    withdrawal :witch:
    28 day cycle
    32 day cycle
    36 day cycle - started taking Agnus castus in an attempt to regulate things!
    cd 18 today

Have been trying to chart using ffriend, but it was suggesting all sorts in terms of when i was due to ov, literally 10 days worth based on my cycle patterns!!! We have been bd'ing every other day since cd8 but I have absolutely no idea if i've ov'd at all or when to even expect my next :witch:!
    I don't know when to test or how many dpo I am! Do you think we should carry on with the bd'ing just in case I've not ov'd yet?

I haven't started taking bbt or doing ov tests as I feel we're not that far down the ttc road yet as its only my 4th true cycle since we officially started ttc.

What do you think? I'd be grateful to hear some advice on this please ladies!

:hug:

2. Cleo

Cleo Happy mom to F & L!

I would say carry on with BDing every other day...I didn't O until CD25 this month, so you never know!! Temping is a really good way to understand what's going on with your body, it gives you a lot of information and takes away a lot of those "I wonder if" questions. I would say it's never too soon to start charting!

3. Beee

Beee Well-Known Member

Hi Mrs Dot, I have a similar problem, came of progesterone only pill in november, my first 2 cycles were 28 days exactly, which was strange for me as I've always been a bit irregular. My next cyles were 25, 31 and 34 days!!!! And I seem to ovulate at slightly different times each cycle too acccording to the opk's I've been using! I say just keep on bd'ing regularly, get plenty of opk's (you can get cheap ones on internet if you buy in bulk) so you can pinpoint when you Ov, and take it from there!
    You'll probably find your cycle starts to settle down a bit soon, as I think it can take a while if you've been on contraception for some time. Hope this helps, and good luck!! xxx:happydance:

4. tansey

tansey Finally a Mummy!

Hope your cycle settles down soon - otherwise do what the experts recommend, BDing every other or third days throughout the cycle. Good luck!

5. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking of getting some ov sticks off ebay in a bit and trying that. It's just so frustrating not knowing when af is due or not fingers crossed! I was always so regular when I was on the pill, literally I could time it to within 5 mins of coming on!

I guess I'm the sort of person too who likes to know everything going on all the time, I'm a teacher so planning for everything in and out of work is second nature to me!!! I'm trying so hard to try and just let things happen as and when but I'm such an impatient person. I guess that you can't really plan this whole thing can you? Just try try try and hope for the best!

6. MrsPhillips

MrsPhillips Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the being impatient and just wanting to know when AF is going to arrive or if she isnt let me have a :bfp:. I'm on cycle day 37 at the moment and each day I become more frustrated! Good luck to you, and keep trying! -x-

7. seattlemama

seattlemama Mommy & Pregnant!!

I know just how you feel, that is what I went through with my son, crazy cycle days... I would suggest taking primrose oil and drinking red raspberry leaf tea, those help with regulating and reproductive health. And do OPKs because thats the only real way to know when you will ovulate, thats how I finally got pregnant with my son. Good luck!