Crazy Emotions

bucherwurm

Reaction score
Hey all.
PMS aside, do you get different emotions thinking about TTC, especially those who are waiting for number 1?
Some days I'm so excited to be pregnant, and bring home our little baby, raising an amazing little person. Other days I get so nervous and freaked out, thinking how can I get pregnant and not have any control over my body, what am I supposed to do with a helpless baby, and what if I'm not good with my kids?
Is anyone else this way, or am I just crazy?

Nope, not crazy! I once told my mother that I was constantly self doubting myself when it came to DS1 and how I was sure I was failing as a mom. She looked me dead in the eye, smiled and said "that's how you know you're doing it right." Don't worry about whether or not you'll be good with your kids, the fact that your fretting before they're even here is a good indication that you're going to be an amazing mom:) What do you do with a helpless baby? Cuddle them and love them until they're older and pushing your kisses away. My youngest just started doing this. I sneak kisses in when he's not expecting it, one big ol' kiss on his cheek has him growling at me. He does not find me amusing :D

I got nothing on your question about controlling your own body, hahaha, sorry! It was my biggest thing during pregnancy. I once passed gas very loudly (while pregnant) in public and blamed it on my brother:haha: He took it in stride and laughed so hard on the drive back to my parent's house. See? Some moments of pregnancy can be both embarrassing and hilarious at the same time :)

I'm really excited about when I finally start TTC but I'm also so scared about it. I'm scared that it's not going to happen. I'm not scared about being pregnant or labour, but, I don't know whether it is because I've just done 5 or 6 months on a labour ward, but I'm scared that if there is a reason that I have to deliver on a labour ward and not a homebirth, which I really want, that I'm going to get an old fashioned midwife who will want to do 'routine' CTGs or continuous monitoring, or start synto or some other intervention that I really don't want. I'm scared that I'll go overdue and not be able to fight being induced. I'm scared that I'll be expected to know what I'm doing cos I'll be a proper midwife by then, and if I struggle with something, like breastfeeding, I don't know whether it'll make me more or less able to ask for help. And past a couple of weeks old, I've really no idea what I'm doing with a baby. Anything past about 3 weeks is just way too big for me to hold!

Caite we are due to TTC at basically the same time (1 day apart) crazy!

My excitement definitely overrides the being worried and scared but I definitely go through stages of one minute being super excited, the next being excited but the worry takes over!

Sometimes, I get scared. I worry about money, whether I'll be able to see my child enough when I'm at work or will if I be a good mom. And then more often than not I get scared of the actual pregnancy itself. Not the body changes....but the needles. I am scared to death of needles. I pass out EVERY time...literally. Makes me sick just thinking about needles.
That's how everyone knows how badly I want a child. I'm willing to go through being a pin cushion to have one XD lol.

I feel like this sometimes and once in a while I worry about things that can happen during pregnancy. I also think about what age I'll be when I finally have children. Patience and waiting can be so annoying. :wacko:

Caite we are due to TTC at basically the same time (1 day apart) crazy!

I'm probably having to postpone mine. I was hoping to go straight in to a job when I left uni, but I've only been given a bank contract, and before TTC I need more job security.

I'm petrifed! Mostly about the waiting for that BFP while ttc!!
But also about everthing to come after baby gets here - can we afford it? What will be the family reaction (certain members not too pleased at the idea) how will i cope without having my mum/sisters nearby for support? What if i come down with post natal depression after wanting this for soooo long!!
But i'm so excited - i just started taking folic acid yesterday as i'm now on my last 3 months od bcp! That really brought home how real it is! I guess with all the questions there are no answers you just deal with it at the time!

I'm also scared. It's not long till we're trying now and the closer we're getting the more I doubt myself. Are we sure we're ready? It's such a huge thing that will change our lives forever. I worry I'm not going to be able to look after it properly. And how will I function with a lack of sleep. I love my sleep!

I'm definitely scared! Of all the medical stuff and labor (I've gotten sorta ok with getting blood drawn, but IVs still really freak me out). As well as the possibility of not getting pregnant (DH has to have a vasectomy reversal) and also scared I'll have another miscarriage. It's been 5 years since my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->