Crazy for even thinking about ttc no 5?

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
Hi,

My husband and I are currently talking about trying for baby no 5. We are both scared to make the decision but I know we would be happy. We already are and have 4 lovely children. They are 7, 5, 3 & 1 so yes we are very busy. We finally had a gorgeous girl after 3 boys.
We both work and don't claim any benefits and support ourselves. We also do childcare between us.
I said up until now I wouldn't have anymore as I'm happy we had our girl but I still have that little feeling.
I just worry as we only have a 3 bed house, the boys share ans have a custom made triple bunk and our girl has her own room. I would have to look at a bunk cot or something if we went ahead.
I worry about people's reactions too.
We don't think these things lightly we already made plans of either moving house or building an extension when we decided to go for baby no 4.
We have plenty of love to give another baby and the house is already busy but I suppose I just wanted to hear anyone else's thoughts who may also be in the same position 😃 Tia.

I'm sort of in the same position, only with baby #3. I have an almost 11 year old, a 4 month old & I want another. We want 3 all together & I'd rather get it over with soon because it was very hard to bounce back from this pregnancy. My kids aren't close in age, so it's "easy," but I'm worried about having 2 veryyyy close in age. All your kids are, so props to you momma! <3

well we were in the same position as you we had our 3 girls and we finally had our boy, thought we were finished (hense the 4 year gap) but the feeling of maybe having another came back and it was a hard choice as our youngest was 3 and out of nappies and some what independent but we thought sod it we have one more seat in the car to fill so we did!! and im so glad we did she is just so special and so loved by her sisters and brother and we are actually considering no 6!! I felt that once you get past 3 children the others just fit right in! I love having a big family. people will always have something to say but they will get over it!:hugs:

Thanks for the replies. Think we will go for another just not sure when to start. Currently on the pill on my break debating to start my next pack on Thursday or not. Got a 2 week holiday in sept and my cycles are irregular so don't want to have time of the month while we are away.
I'm also meant to be maid of honour at my sisters wedding next August she would kill me if I fell pregnant lol!! I'm so impatient too if I make my mind up on something I won't wait. Grrrrr decisions decisions x

Great news! Glad you're going for number 5 :) We are undecided about going for number 4, well I am. My other half is desperate for one more but I struggle a lot with the baby stage so the thought of going back there fills me with a lot of fear. If your sure you don't want to be pregnant I would try asap as you never know how long it'll take to fall :D

Best of luck xx

Aww thank you. I say go for it before you know it your out of the baby stage my youngest is just one and is now walking and so more independent. I'm worried about going back again but it's not forever x

I'm in the same boat on the pill and start my new pack tomorrow but unsure weather to or not! I too have irregular periods. X

We only live once :thumbup: I have u til Thursday to decide lol x

that's very true someone said to me you will never regret having another baby but you can regret not having one!! I don't want to say no now and wish I had in 3 or 3 years when im in my mid thirties and would have to start all over again where as now we are still in the baby stage of nappies and prams so why not!! dh gave me the go ahead tonight! so have officially stopped the pill!

did you start your new pack? x

Yes I did start my new pack. My Dh or I won't actually give the green light we are too scared lol. He says no because of plans we have made and wants a house extension first but on the other hand tells me to just surprise him and not tell him if I stop the pill. So basically I have to make the decision and I can't make my mind up lol x
Good luck to you &#128512;

Oh that would drive me crazy lol I'm terrible at making my mind up so I need my husbands in put! Xx

Yeah I need to him to agree lol don't want to do it without him being completely on board. &#128512;

just make your decision based on your feelings and not others opinions since everyone always seems to have one! When my mom was pregnant with me in the mid-80s (#3), her (catholic) aunt said to her "you're having an abortion, right?" sheesh! my mom went on to have 2 more after me :) good luck making your decision!

I agree I'm past caring what people think! I quite like shocking them now lol

I really want to go for it. I don't actually care what people think. I don't want to wait as it could already take a little while. I have around a 2 year age gap between all our children I would like the same with baby no 5. So need to start trying now really &#128512;

My main issue would be space but like you said you have the option at extending or moving so I don't see a problem at all

We are currently expecting baby 8 but 2 of our babies died so will be our 6th with us.

We have a 4 bed house and we manage fine although it's quite big downstairs too and we have 3 reception rooms.

We have had plans passed for the 5th bedroom which we are building in spring. I wouldn't have considered another if the plans had been rejected though.

I was also expecting negative reactions but apart from a couple of snider comments everyone has been positive. I've even had parents in the playground say they wish they'd of had more and regret not doing so.

At the end of the day it's nobody else's budiness, you can't live your lives based on other folks opinions. X

Wow congratulations!! That you for your comments makes me feel better about my decisions. When it's sensible then why not. You sound like you have a lovely house xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->