Crazy menstrual cycle!?!?

Ivory Doll

Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago I was 7 weeks postpartum and I felt mild period cramps and sure enough when I checked there was some darkish blood not red fresh blood though. This lasted for 2 days , mild cramping and light bleeding.

No today at 9 weeks postpartum I have the same, with the same darkish coloured blood...

I'm EBF and my lil one is still feeding twice during the night.. No formula at all obviously.

Can anyone tell me is this normal? 😔😔😔

Not sure whether this matters but I had an infection after birth too that is only now going away with antibiotics.

Anything goes as "normal" when your breastfeeding but you may not be fully healed or there may be some remaining blood in ur uterus. Do you notice the blood after being slightly more active?

not sure if it is normal or not, I think it can be. I got a full fledged period on Saturday, 10 weeks after delivery.

I wonder though if it's old blood would I be having cramps like a period...
I'll mention it at my next appointment maybe.

Tekkitten that sucks!! I wasn't expecting mine for a year lol!!

I was shocked to get it so soon! And I don't want to go on the pill yet because of possible milk supply issues. I'm just going to be very careful for the next 3 months then start the pill :)
Ps- mine started with brown spotting

This whole being a woman business is tough lol!
I spend most of my day wondering about stuff!! Yeah I'm avoiding the pill too for now :)

Now that I think about it I have started doing the 30 day squat challenge so maybe it is because I'm more active :shrug:

Could the pains be more like after pains than menstrual? I know it's maybe a bit late for that but with Mickey my after pains always felt like menstrual pains (very strong to start with but growing more mild as time passed) and were always accompanied by a gush of blood. X

New Mrs W I think you might be right considering it's never fresh blood...
Thank you, I would have never thought of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->