Creative ways to announce pregnancy

Kirsty3051

Wife & mum of 3!
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I definitely didn't expect to be back here so soon after having my son, but it is what it is. Anyway, it's Valentines Day in the UK (and everywhere else?) and I found out we're expecting baby number 2 about an hour ago. He/she is due towards the end of October. Getting to the point - I'm after some cute ideas on how to tell my husband. I don't have time to go and buy millions of different things, but did consider taping the test to the lid of his present...and then that's me all out of ideas. Anyone?

He wanted to start trying for this baby about 10 minutes after I gave birth to Luca, so I'm not worried about his reaction.

I just found out I'm expecting my first on Thursday and held off telling my partner until yesterday, our four year anniversary of getting together.

I was going to buy an "I love my daddy" onesie and wrap it up, but all the ones I could see were tacky. Instead, I made a nice dinner, and then put a bottle of non alcoholic wine on the table. He asked if I was going to have real wine afterwards, I said no, he asked if I had tested and I just looked at him and smiled. He stood up and have me a huge hug and congratulated me, and repeated "really?" About 20 times before it had sunk in.

He is really looking forward to it already (the most excited he has been since my first pregnancy!)

Oh my gosh, that was quick! :haha: Congratulations! I've got nothing. Each time I've been pregnant I've told hubby right away. I'm awful with keeping in such big news!!

Thank you! I've already told him now. He's very excited :D

Congrats!!

I am sure he was excited to find out:)

I think you guys had some cute ideas. I took my test in the morning before work when I thought something was up. Hubby was off and still sleeping...I woke him up and handed him the test.

I wish you the best with your pregnancy!

I think your idea is great. You already know he wants another so he should be happy regardless :)

Mngmakes3- nice to see you over here with me!

When is your due date loeylo? :) I think mine is roughly October 25th.

According to an online calculator 17th October but I am guessing that it will actually be nearer the 20th as I have slightly longer cycles. I held off on testing!

I was teasing my husband about sending a mariachi band to work while he's in a meeting or planting creepy baby dolls in his car while he's sleeping. You know, really getting the horror of impending fatherhood across from the get go. ^_^

I was teasing my husband about sending a mariachi band to work while he's in a meeting or planting creepy baby dolls in his car while he's sleeping. You know, really getting the horror of impending fatherhood across from the get go. ^_^

:rofl: Where were you a few hours ago?! :haha:

My husband is super into Disney. So I ordered a baby Mickey ear beanie while we were trying. The morning that I tested and got a positive, I put the beanie on his phone which he uses as an alarm. I couldn't wait tho, and woke him up. He looked at the beanie and got it pretty fast, though he was still half asleep :p

With my mom, I'm going to get a piece of fruit (I think at the time I am telling her it will be a grape) and be like, there's something really cool about the size of a grape. It's roughly the same size as your grandchild.

For my family, we are planning to go out to eat, as I'm visiting from out of town. I'll ask the server to take a picture of the family with my phone, asking her privately to say "Say Kim's pregnant!" rather than "say cheese!"

Great ideas :), I told my oh straight away as was in shock and shaking, I also told my mum and dad straight away but was a bit gutted as always planned to get tacky t-shirts saying grandad and grandma and give it them as presents but I was so happy and in shock I had to tell them straight away

Congrats! Here was our public announcement:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/bfp-announcements/2283567-our-official-public-announcement.html

Perhaps you could do something similar for him? Set the jar somewhere he will notice it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->