creeping blood pressure at 39 weeks.......anyone else?

Debbie_23

Mummy of two lovely boys
Reaction score
Went to the hospital for my sweep tonight, that went well, cervix is soft and i am 2-3 cm dilated and my waters are bulging so all good signs.

But checked my blood pressure and was 152/80 so have been put on blood pressure meds now. Theres no protein in my urine and i have no swelling and feel pretty good for being 39 weeks. Anyone else been put on meds so late on? Also do tablets start to work as soon as you start taking them? As ive to go and get my bp checked again tomorrow morning but will have only taking 2 tablets by then. My blood pressure has always been around 140/77ish for weeks now so it hasnt went up drastically but consultant said was just bit higher than they would like. Really worried theyll keep me in tomorrow which is my worst nightmare as will miss my 2 year old so much.

mine was sky high 128/101 but i got no meds was just monitored xxx

I think theres a good chance they will induce u soon if thats something you wanted?

I saw MW today and mine is 140/90 so back on monday and if still high, ill have to go to the hossie for a BP profile, then im not sure what the next step will be, this happened in my last preg too, but I was 40+4 before i went hossie for profile and they asked me to come back the next day and be induced as they wernt taking any chances with me being overdue anyway
good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->