Cribs ?

PieMistress

Proud and happy Mummy
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody else is planning (or has done in the past) used a crib for the first 6 months before moving the LO into their nursery?

If so, do you have any crib recommendations? There doesn't seem to be as many cribs as moses baskets around but would prefer one as I think it will see me through a bit longer than a moses basket?

Thanks
Pie x

we'll be using a crib in our room for a bit then moving it through to the nursery - not sure where it is from though, it is being handed on by a friend...

I had thought about getting a moses basket but all the people I have spoken to who had one say they hardly used it, so since we are getting a crib anyway, I probably won't bother.

We used a pack and play for my son. Work great and didnt take up too much room.

I've decided to get a cot for our room as it will last, Once baby can sit up cant use a crib so it seemed an expensive option. We will have a moses basket downstairs too.

Yes, I have a crib, I have room for the nice big cot Im getting BUT not right next to the be so crib is going in there. I have a mamas and papas fixed one (white with beech end bits....pretty) that I got from ebay. If I wanted a moving one Id go for a swinging over a glider but thats my preferance.
Mothercare have some nice ones, mamas and papas certainly are nice.....brain on a go slow so cant think of others (useless me!) have an ebay/google search.

i have a crib, its a light wood gliding one from a warehouse called JTF only problem id you have to be a member to shop there, and to be a memebr you have to have your own bussiness. but ebay counts as a business :). it was about £60 i think and real sturdy, i think i was a bargin, you get the matress with it aswell

Jeez. I just realized what you guys talk about when you say cribs. I thought I had all the lingo straight but apparently not. Over here, we call cots cribs and your cribs are our bassinets. This explains why there was some confusion a a while back when someone was asking about crib mattresses and I linked them to cot mattresses and she was like, "Yeah, we've got a cot mattress but what about cribs?" :dohh:

With that... yeah, we're using a crib/bassinet for the first few months. At least through the winter as our room is the warmest and then we'll move her into the nursery. Sorry I can't recommend any particular one. Our's is a family pass-around. But if I were buying one, I would prefer one that was stationary over a gliding one just because I'd be too paranoid of it tipping over.

We've got a static crib for downstairs, thought it would last longer than a Moses basket, cot for in the bedroom/nursery.. wanted something it could sleep in during that day that the dogs couldn't get into! Got it from Mothercare, it was discontinued so a bargain... worth keeping an eye on their bargain part of the website!

We have brought a crib. Like you thought it would last a bit longer then a moses basket so giving it a try! x

I am going to buy a crib also. We have the house up for sale, so we could potentially be moving at any time. Buying a moses baset then a cot, would be too bulky to move with if we dsont need to. Were hoping that buy the time the baby has outgrown the crib, we will be moved house x

I had a moses basket with my 1st and we used it for 6 weeks and then stopped as he was very wriggly and it used to wobble! So we got a crib for Niamh. We got the mamas and papas crystal gliding crib and it was really good. It was deeper than most cribs and also longer. We used it till Niamh was 5 months. She started pulling herself up on the bars and banging herself as she was forever rolling. But most babies would be fine in it size wise till over 6 months.

Also i managed to sell it for £10 less than i paid so i almost got all my money back!

im also looking at getting a crib, but mothercare seem to be the only place that have a decent one at a decent price. Think they are definitely sturdier than a moses basket as all the moses baskets iv looked at, the sides were flimsy and kept caving in! Plus apparently the ventilation in moses baskets arent as good as cribs.

Have seen cribs at Mothercare, Mamas & Papas & John Lewis (all quite expensive though?) and online at Boots.

Any other good sites for cribs?
x

We have a crib as the cot bed in the nursery would not fit in our room :) We borrowed it as its quite a nice one and couldn't justify the money on something that is effectively only a short term measure :)

Have seen cribs at Mothercare, Mamas & Papas & John Lewis (all quite expensive though?) and online at Boots.

Any other good sites for cribs?
x

Can get some nice ones on ebay hun :)

I have bought a crib for use in our bedroom. I thought it was a bargain buy at Kiddicare.com

The pram turns into a moses basket which i will use downstairs. This also means that there is no hurry to buy the cot.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
Awww thanks peeps, will hopefully get one sorted next week :)

Am I right in thinking that moses baskets won't last till 6 months? A cot won't fit in our room hence the crib (and also don't have to get the cot immediately)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->