Crl

N

Neecee

I understand that babies are measured by their crown to rump length, but how much extra do you add on for arms and legs?

Reason I ask, is at 19 weeks, CRL is about 6.5 inches (about the length of my hand) but I'm feeling pokes and kicks in waaaay far off places, like in opposite sides at the same time, or a poke and the side and back coupled with a prod at the front!

I know myself and OH are tall, but I'm just wondering what kind of long-leggity baby I have in here!

It may be different over there, but here they measure crown to rump until something like 18 or 19 wks, then they start measuring from crown to foot. I don't think there is a pregnant woman out there who hasn't thought at one time or another that she is carrying a human octopus!!

Hahahahaha....Neecee! Long leggity baby! Sounds like you have a future aerobics instructor in there!

when you have your 20week scan they will measure the femur length youll beable to have a better guess after then :)

I just know this kid is all arms and legs. I guess that means no newborn size clothes for me...

yeah i think after a certain amount of weeks they stop measuring CRL and start to measure head to toe .. im not sure when though sorry

they measured wotsits head on last scan 4 some reason........

I found this on a development site Neece ... hope it helps

pregnancy week 19:
Your amazing little baby is now around 10 inches in length! If this seems a bit shocking, you’ll be relieved to know they’ve not actually grown over 3 inches, but that their little legs are now straight enough to be measured. This is when doctors begin measuring fetal growth from head to toe, (no longer “crown to rump” or CR).

I found this on a development site Neece ... hope it helps

pregnancy week 19:
Your amazing little baby is now around 10 inches in length! If this seems a bit shocking, you’ll be relieved to know they’ve not actually grown over 3 inches, but that their little legs are now straight enough to be measured. This is when doctors begin measuring fetal growth from head to toe, (no longer “crown to rump” or CR).

Yay! Thank you! That would explain a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->