Cruise during 1st Trimester-Zika concerns

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my scan today at 9w+4. Nugget is all good!

I am going on a Southern Caribbean cruise on Sept 2 and my doc did not reccomend I go due to Zika exposure.

Ive been on several cruises and never seen a mosquito nor have I ever been bitten.

Anyone else cruised in the 1st trimester before? I am all for going because I am so early and because of my past experiences but of course because I need a vaca and already paid the money that I cannot get back!

Any advice would be appreciated ladies! :thumbup:

I personally wouldn't take the risk, doctors don't recommend these actions lightly. Maybe do some research on the countries you are stopping to see how active the virus is.

Ah a really tricky one! Maybe research your stops and see about the lil biters being present there. Obviously you can protect yourself against bites even naturally with eating things they dont like. I feel you on having paid everything already. We were same with a recent trip to an island. Be sure to be armed with anti nausea meds. Even if cruising didn't affect u before. It will now. I had such a hard time flying and travelling by road on our holi. I was sick. End of the day its all up to you. If you want to go, then go. Take the necessary precautions and have an amazing time while you arent waddling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->