CSec vs VBAC

Tracy81

Reaction score
I'm almost 17 weeks and had an appointment with consultant today to discuss how I want to give birth.
I had a section with my first little girl as she was breech. It was a planned section that turned into an emergency section as I went into labour and was all very quick, rushed and stressful.
Part of me wants to go try for a natural delivery this time but then part of me worries that something doesn't go right and I haven have another emergency section again. So I'm swaying towards a planned section that will be booked a week of so before due date.

Any advice or opinions? Doc said I have a 70% chance of delivering naturally but it may be slightly less as due to my uterus I may have another breech and last labour was a bit quick.

I had a vbac 6 years after my section, I agreed with my consultant that i would go for the vbac but if things didn't progress after so many hours I would be given a section. My section dd was a brow presentation and was also an emergency section. As it happens my vbac decided to be 15 days late so i had to be induced then monitored, all went well thankfully 😊 good luck

I also have the dilemma of deciding vbac or another c-section, I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and need to give a decision by 34 weeks. Mine was a planned c-section because like with your baby was breech, spinal didn't work so I had to be put to sleep and baby had to have oxygen was struggling to breath at first, she's fine now.
I was really set on another c-section up until my consultant appointment and now I'm I'm leaning towards a vbac but scared because of my first natural birth was very tramatic. They say I have 90% of a successful vbac but I'm not sure why it's so high for me, I would of thought less because of my high bmi and my 2nd child was large baby so would guess this baby would be too.
All I can say is every birth/pregnancy is different, it's a very personal decision and what to you is more important, which one the pros and cons out weigh the other.
I wish you all the luck with which ever decision you come to :)

I had an emergency csection with my first, and a successful VBAC with my second. I was on the fence too and wanted a csection at first but very glad i decided to see how it goes. I was worried the same thing would go wrong again (head stuck, heart rate dropping) but everything was fine. Every birth is different, and i am glad i did the VBAC now.

I'm also in the same boat. I had an emergency csection. I actually find out Friday if I can attempt to VBAC. I'm leaning towards vbac if it is an option. I'm hoping it will be easier on my body than surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->