Csection scar ~ Still sore after 7 weeks!

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :flower:

I had my 3rd Csection 7 weeks ago & for the past few days it has felt very sore & itchy

I didnt have any problems with my last 2 csections, but this time its caused me lots of problems, from an allergic reaction to the plaster to an infection after 4 weeks! :cry:

Anyone else experienced this, in particular those that have had more than one csection? :shrug:

ive had 3 sections and my scars have been fine but they can sometimes still itch now even after nearly 8 years!! they're not sore though, my 3rd one was lower down and the same scar for the first was cut again for the second, did they use the same scar for the third??
could it be a infection?? has the hv or midwife said anything or seen it??

Thanks for your reply :flower:

My 1st was low down (18yrs ago!) my 2nd was a little higher (7yrs ago) & they used the same scar as my 7yr one this time

I havent shown a doctor, but mayby I should, in fact I must book my 6wk check :blush:

I really feel like this time I have a big 'overhang' which irritates it, never had that before, still had a 'jelly belly'....But not hanging over the scar like this time! :nope:

I had an emergency c-section 3 months ago (1st one) and I am still numb, sore and itchy. My health visitor says it can take up to a year to recover.

I've got the overhang swelled bit above my section scar - this is my first as you know anyway kelly, i'm 4 weeks in and its become itchy and sore inside itchiness means its healing though I think as everything is knitting back together but still see the doc :flower:

are you still taking pain meds? I'm taking diclofenac for the swelling though dont find it does much for pain

I'm 9 weeks PP and my scar still hurts sometimes and definitely itches quite a bit. I'm pretty sure it's normal. I hear they can feel 'funny' for years and years though. :wacko:

I'm 5 months pp and My scar is still sore, and the just below the numb bit itches, but I can't actually feel it to itch it which drives me crazy!!

Does the overhang bit go eventually anyone know coz thats the bit I hate the most...It;s like the surgeon has sewn me back together tighter than what my skin will ever go!

I had an emergency c-section 3 months ago (1st one) and I am still numb, sore and itchy. My health visitor says it can take up to a year to recover.

I had mine over 4 months ago and it too is still numb in places. It tugs on one side too- like it has a plaster on that is too tight

Thanks Girls :flower:

I gave my scar a gentle wash in the bath last nite & it really seemed to help, there was alot of scabs (sorry tmi!) that needed gently washing away

Still 'know its there'...But less like pain now :thumbup:

P.S Im not on meds anymore Ness

Oh kelly, how bloody annoying. Im glad the bath helped xx Not sure if its because its your 3rd one? Def have it looked at at your 6 week checkup (hurry up and book it!) xxxx

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my emergency c section, and mine still feels numb all around the scar and has now started to feel itchy. Also i occasionally get some sharp pains around the scar area that actually take my breath away for a few seconds!

Ness - do you know how long you're meant to keep taking the diclofenac for? As mine ran out about a week after i left the hospital, but i still have a lot of swelling!

I also hate the 'overhang' i really hope it goes away!! It makes me misserable every time i look at it :(

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my emergency c section, and mine still feels numb all around the scar and has now started to feel itchy. Also i occasionally get some sharp pains around the scar area that actually take my breath away for a few seconds!

Ness - do you know how long you're meant to keep taking the diclofenac for? As mine ran out about a week after i left the hospital, but i still have a lot of swelling!

I also hate the 'overhang' i really hope it goes away!! It makes me misserable every time i look at it :(

Hi saw your question about diclofenec, the hospital would've given you what they think you needed then if you run out and think you need more you need to go to your GP for some more, as diclofenec is a strong anti inflammatory and long term use can cause problems such as stomach ulcers kidney problems, and it's not good for asthmatics (by long term though I mean months and months of use) It's really important though that you take it just before or after a meal as that will help protect the lining of your tummy.

You can buy ibruprofen though in the supermarket which isn't as strong but still an anti inflammatory again long term use isn't advised though.

OP another thing I found thats helped the soreness of my scar TMI info is I found 3 ingrowing hairs along the scar line that when squeezed released a bit of puss with a hair attached! It helped though xx

Hi saw your question about diclofenec, the hospital would've given you what they think you needed then if you run out and think you need more you need to go to your GP for some more, as diclofenec is a strong anti inflammatory and long term use can cause problems such as stomach ulcers kidney problems, and it's not good for asthmatics (by long term though I mean months and months of use) It's really important though that you take it just before or after a meal as that will help protect the lining of your tummy.

You can buy ibruprofen though in the supermarket which isn't as strong but still an anti inflammatory again long term use isn't advised though.

OP another thing I found thats helped the soreness of my scar TMI info is I found 3 ingrowing hairs along the scar line that when squeezed released a bit of puss with a hair attached! It helped though xx

Thankyou hun, :flower:

I had my c section almost 5 months ago and my scar is still sore sometimes. Especially with weather changes. Not so sore that I can't move..just tender. And it does itch sometimes.

Thankyou hun, :flower:

No probs :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back