CT and a little suprise!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
I have mentioned on here elsewhere that over the last three weeks Tom has gone off his food and he has gotten more and more and more sleepy. To the point where we had to wake him up in the mornings to feed him and he would just go back to sleep, wake up for about an hour or so and then go back to sleep...

It occured to me that this was what he did when they decided he needed the shunt so i called neuro and they booked an appointment for a CT scan. We took him in on Friday and the dicovered that due to the fact that they didnt do a CT scan after his shunt, they have no baseline to compare his new scan to!! Duhh!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, after 6 hours of waiting for a doctor to review the scan, everything was great, and his ventricals were tiny! Sicne then he pooed for england for a whole day and has been fine since! Rascal!

AND....he has started to crawl! he is doing it on his face at the moment, but the lower body part is there! the Butt is well and truely up in the air:) So proud as I really had no idea whether he was going to be able to or not. His legs look normal and the muscle tone is excellant, but there are irregularities in his legs to which extent we wotn know until he can communicate them. His reflexes are not really all there.

and also, the consultant we saw on Friday told us now that Tom's shunt has been in place for 5 months, the chances of a blockage are minute - and he sees no reason why we cannot go on board ship and leave the safe distance of land...still looking in to this one tho. I am still not sure. Soo maybe, just maybe i might be going to Hawaii for 8 weeks again!

:baby: :cloud9:

Aw, I am so pleased that you got good news, you both deserve it. :) Hope you get to go to Hawaii! That would be amazing. x

Well done Tom on crawling, you must be so proud. x

:wohoo: So happy for you! Sounds like he's doing amazingly well! And fantastic news about the crawling!! :yipee: x

Aww, so glad he's doing ok! :hugs:

:hugs: thats wonderful news, so glad things are going well sweetie x

:yipee: yay for tom crawling :D

fingers crossed that you get the go-ahead for your trip :hugs:

Cant believe Tom is crawling xx That is wonderful matilda cant even roll yet but this due to these bloody casts xxx everything is looking really positive for you xxx

I do hope you can go to Hawaii after all xx

What a clever little fella :) Great stuff, hope you get to go to Hawaii xXx

so glad things are looking up for tommy and yourself. i really hope you get to go away (lucky you).

Christine
XXX

:happydance: YAY go tom x x

glad u had good news hunny x x

Also, chance of infection is eradicated once shunt has been in place for 6 months.. Hope you can go :)

Tom is starting to crawl! that is excellent! Glad it all worked out fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->