Currently having a mc

new_mummy

Reaction score
I am currently having a mc. my husband and i are devastated. i spent all morning at the hospital yeterday and started bleeding very heavily last night. i was about 5 weeks along. the mw told me i will bleed for 2-3 weeks. my blood test results showed an hcg level of only 59 yesterday, but i still have to go back tomorrow for another blood test.

I just have one question - has anyone here conceived straight after a mc without waiting for their next period? x

Sorry for you loss, and I don't have an answer for you, but I have just completed my mmc, and the nurse told me to wait for 1 cycle.

First off *hugs*

Secondly as I understand it, it is entirely possible to get pregnant before your first cycle. I think the easiest way to see when you are ovulating before the next cycle would be ovulation test kits.

Hello,

I'm so sorry your going through this and to answer your question yes you can get pregnant straight after miscarriage, apparently your more fertile after M/C. Theres no medical reason why you should should, most doctors say 1 month but thats only so they can date the new pregnancy, so if you feel ready then go ahead. Good Luck.xxx

I am so sorry for your loss. After my first miscarriage I conceived right after without getting a period in between. I unfortunately miscarried that baby as well. My doctor said that there was a chance that my hormones were still a little off and that is why I miscarried. She said that it is recommended to wait one normal cycle in between. I know that feeling of wanting to get pregnant again right away but give your body a chance to heal. Good luck with everything.

Sorry for your loss. I was also told to wait till my 1st period, i think that would be the best thing to do. I MC in April and still TTC x

So sorry for your loss, I had a miscarriage at 5w+3 and then went on to get pregnant again without having a period unfortunately miscarried again at 5w+4. As for the bleeding both miscarriages i have bled for a week.

Also going through a MC right now, my HCG levels were 162 at 6 weeks, and the bleeding started 2 days ago. I'm also wanting to try again ASAP. I found this site:

https://www.babycenter.com/400_gett...age_885256_931.bc?startIndex=0&sortFieldName=

:hug:

:hugs: I have had once natural mc and one chemical... I did not conceive straight after my natural mc and I'm waiting to see if I conceive on this cycle.

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to send you hugs and I am so sorry you're going through this. It is such an awful experience so my thoughts are with you.

We miscarried in March but unfortunately even with MMC I didn't complete and ended up in A&E for a D&C in June. We have had one period and as soon as that finished I blew £40 on POAS ovulation tests and we tested positive last week. I hope that offers you some hope.

Hugs for you x

Big hugs huni
I had a mmc this month and every day is so hard, hope it gets better for you xx

Hi Sweetheart,

huge hugs from me and my OH - we went through the same thing three weeks ago and it does feel like nothing will ever be ok again, but I can say that three weeks later the crying has stopped (only have a little cry every now and again), the bleeding only lasted a week and we're TTC again. We *think* I ovulated again 10 days after the m/c, was advised that we didn't have to wait a cycle to TTC again as there were no complications, just as long as we both felt emotionally ready.

Hang in there love x

Thank you for all your answers. O:)

A friend of mine who is a mw has told me that there is no increased risk of miscarriage if you conceive again before waiting for your first period. My husband and I both feel emotionally ready.

HOWEVER reading this on another forum worried me:

"After seeing my dr she told me that unless your hcg is 0 when you ovulate that your mc rates double. A lot of people on here say that you can't ovulate until you are back to 0, but you can. I did. I ovulated and my hcg was 1.87. So make sure your hcg is at 0 before you ovulate. The dr told me about 75% of the women that get pregnant right after a mc when their levels weren't 0, end in another mc. Once you are back at 0 there is no increased risk though!!"

I have also read that if you get pregnant immediately without waiting at least 1 cycle, the lining of your uterus may not be ready to support another pregnancy, resulting in another mc.

I know the internet isn't 100% reliable but reading these things worried me anyway, and now I am debating whether to wait 1 cycle before trying again.

erm, slightly confused by that Dr's comment - you most cetainly can't ovulate till your hcg reaches non-pregnant levels. I teach this to uni students including medics, and thats what they're taught - hcg if present will stop you from cycling normally. A hcg level of anything <5 is considered non-pregnant, some labs even consider it negative <20! My EPU asked me to confirm that I was testing as non-pregnant on a hpt before I could try again, mainly to make sure the mc was completed and I didn't need any additionally treatment.

The only time theres an increased risk of mc immediately after a previous one is if there are complications, i.e. its not a random chromosomal abnormaility (which the vast majority are), so if there's some other reason such as hormonal disturbances or autoimmunity (uncommon but still there) then there's an increased risk of mc whenever you TTC again.

We're TTC again immediately after a mc, and I have to admit to being scared to death of losing another precious little one, but then again I think I would be even if we waited months!

x

ps sorry, should learn to read posts fully before replying!! If you had a D and C waiting a cycle would probably be a good idea, as the uterus lining can get scraped quite thin and you may find your first period after it woudn't be "normal", because the tissue is still healing xx

I just wanted to say that I am very very sorry for your loss. :hugs: It is an awful experience to go through. I miscarried last month, very early, and began trying again right away. Unfortunately, I think that I am having a chemical right now though. I tested very faintly positive last week, and my lines got darker over a couple days. But now they are much lighter again, and I feel that I am about to start bleeding any time now. I know it seems like such a long time to wait, but it might be a good idea for you to wait one full cycle inbetween.. Keep your head up; and good luck with whichever decision you make :)

erm, slightly confused by that Dr's comment - you most cetainly can't ovulate till your hcg reaches non-pregnant levels. I teach this to uni students including medics, and thats what they're taught - hcg if present will stop you from cycling normally. A hcg level of anything <5 is considered non-pregnant, some labs even consider it negative <20! My EPU asked me to confirm that I was testing as non-pregnant on a hpt before I could try again, mainly to make sure the mc was completed and I didn't need any additionally treatment.

The only time theres an increased risk of mc immediately after a previous one is if there are complications, i.e. its not a random chromosomal abnormaility (which the vast majority are), so if there's some other reason such as hormonal disturbances or autoimmunity (uncommon but still there) then there's an increased risk of mc whenever you TTC again.

We're TTC again immediately after a mc, and I have to admit to being scared to death of losing another precious little one, but then again I think I would be even if we waited months!

x

Thank you, this is really reassuring. Best of luck on your next little one! :hugs:

I would wait one cycle, at least then you've given your body a bit of a break so it's better set up for your next little one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->