curse word question for UK ladies

pansorie

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but I have wondered this. I have never been to English speaking Europe, so bear with me:

We all know that awful C word that rhymes with runt that makes every woman shudder. I use to watch a lot of foreign films, and was interested in how flippantly that word would be thrown around, particularly among men. Here that word is the end all be all, the last of a drastic verbal arsenal and it is usually met with shock and horror. Does the C word have the same connotation to it as in the U.S.? Or is it viewed as bad, but maybe not as bad as here?

Thanks!

I would say it's generally viewed that way here too. Not always on screen and I have seen it used in British gangster films but in every day language it is considered pretty offensive and a last resort type of curse word. At least it is in my circle of family/friends x

I have seen it in UK films but very rarely where as a lot of other curse words are used more frequently which would make me think that it's something that's considered to be quite bad.
I swear quite a lot sometimes :blush: but that's a word I never say and also not a word I hear other people using often either.

It's viewed that way here too but, I will say I have seen it used more as a joke/slang just as much as it being seriously offensive, not sure if that's just here

It's more offensive than other words but I think we take swearing quite lightly here.

I've seen it written more on fb than I have heard it in real life. It doesn't bother me in itself but I think it's still pretty unacceptable to say.

It's viewed that way here too but, I will say I have seen it used more as a joke/slang just as much as it being seriously offensive, not sure if that's just here

Yea that's a Scottish thing I think lol x

It doesn't fuss me either tbh haha. I will say it jokey or if i stubb my toe lmao... Not in front of strangers or my children though!

I'm not easily fussed by curse words

Yep it's considered the worst swear word by most British people I think, and I don't hear it spoken much. Sometimes we might say "see you next tuesday" as a joke (C U Next Tuesday). I never use the C word, I think it's horrible. I happily use the F word though, not constantly but when I feel the need to swear lol. I rather like f***wit too, I know a few f***wits!

As others have said, it's viewed as pretty bad here.

However, it doesn't bother me. I view it as the same as any other swear word, basically it's 'only' a word.

I usually use it to describe someone who cannot be desribed by any other word that is not a swear word.

It's a word I reserve for the worst kind of people usually.

I don't find it offensive at all. There is no actual meaning for it so it shouldn't give offence. "Slag" and "slapper" are my pet hates.

I swear quite a bit but I don't really use that word, it is like the worst swear word but have also heard it used in jest "ya daft c***" xx

I hate it! It makes me cringe, which I suppose is silly as it is just a word. I thought it was only used in Britain, I don't think I've ever heard it used in an American film/TV before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->