Curtains- how much?

Mrs R

Reaction score
So, how much do you think is reasonable for a pair of living room curtains?? The ones I want are £107 and DH thinks it's a bit much. The last ones I got (7years ago!) were £80 (I was a student) and look rubbish now.

The reason I ask, is that my in-laws got new living room curtains not so long ago, and they cost over £500.... for a pair of curtains!

Of course I want them to be lined.

What's reasonable for you??

Curtains are expensive, we move house regularly and MOD issue curtains are horrendous so we buy them regularly, I tend to buy curtains from dunelm because they are cheap but good quality, I think I paid nearly £100 for our living room ones (two windows) if we were staying put I would happily spend much more.

Lol the curtains I have my eye on are from Dunelm. I think you have just helped me justify the spend!

So yeah I think £107 is reasonable, which ones are they by the way? I have some brown ones with gold flowering from there and they are such good quality you would think I had spent much more, dunelm is my go to for curtains!

That sounds about right to me, unless it's a really tiny window. For an "average" living room window I'd expect to pay around £100 for curtains as a basic price. Made to measure could easily be £500.

I used to work for a curtain retailer (price points similar to Dunelm Mill) so I'm confident you've got the right price there. Show this thread to your oh.

Wetherby Ready Made Blockout Eyelet Curtains Natural
https://Wetherby Ready Made Blockout Eyelet Curtains Natural

This is them (hope that worked). I bought them :)

I paid £90 ish for our living room ones, and they were reduced! They are 90 by 90.

I would say you've got a good price there then! I also think its worth getting nice ones, cheap ones can make a room look really rubbish!

My mum spent 20 grand on her curtains :shock: Makes me feel a little ill to think about it.

I'm a cheapskate and hate paying out for these things. Our living room and kitchen curtains were £30 (per room) from TJ Hughes, our bedroom ones £5 in an Argos sale (though those aren't lined, the living room and kitchen ones are).

I usually buy them reduced in the sale but spent £600 on made to measure ones for my hall. That made me feel a bit stressed but I love them

Pretty sure mine were 220 each pair for the living room. ALot has to do with size though, we have a huge drop and REALLY wide windows especially considering we have a terraced house... If we had smaller windows the price would be lower but they are good quality. I got a pair for the bedroom window for 90 quid but they don't drop to the floor ... x

At the moment our curtains are just Ikea ones I got in a rush when we moved so they're only cheap. The kids sometimes eat at their little tables next to the front window so I won't be buying expensive curtains until that's stopped! I suppose I'd expect to pay a few hundred for normal living room curtains but probably double that for our windows as they are very high and wide... however, I wouldn't because I would just buy the fabric and make them myself.

That seems reasonable to me from off the peg ones.
Made to measure are a lot more expensive. We paid around £350-400 for a pair when we first got married. We brought them with us to our new hour even though we now have to have them with no pleats!
Dunelm are good cheap curtains-both of my children have blackout ones from there in their rooms.

Hate buying new curtains, we have long windows, two in each room. Expense!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->