cushie tushie

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
how does everyone get on with these?
i was so excited about getting my bee (our LOs nickname is mr bee, OHs 'thing') but it doesnt last him an hour, 2 at most
it has been washed maybe 6/7 times now, maybe more, but the absorbancy is getting worse, its the only one which is, and i barely use any detergent so i dont think its a build up :/
does anyone else have any problems? or is it just not the right nappy for us :(

They didn't fit Noah very well but i thought the absorbancy was fab. We would get at least 3/4 hours and still no leaks. I had to use it once overnight boosted with a flip stay dry insert and i was really pleased that it didn't wick at all. I was just gutted we couldn't get a decent fit, it was so cute and reliable! Maybe try a strip wash if it seems to be getting worse rather than better :shrug: Did you buy new or secondhand? Is there any chance the PUL has had it? been tumble dried, etc?

I found the cushie took the longest to get to full absorbency, i also found i need to make sure the legs are tucked in properly and the waist isnt folding over to stop it leaking. Alex can be a heavy front wetter though

i really dont know :/ its a brand new one, it has been in the tumbler once, but would that really ruin it?
i will try and tuck the legs in a bit, arcanegirl, how long do you reckon until full absorbency?
its my fave and i dont want to have to get rid because it doesnt work for us!

The tumble certainly wouldnt ruin it, i use mine all the time to dry nappies. Maybe its not drying enough?

yep i have no idea about the dryer but i'd assume high heat wouldn't be good? I found it hard to tell when my cushie was dry, one reason i'm not fond of aio type nappies really

I bought one recently, but have only used it twice briefly as its so pretty, so have never fully tested the absorbancy, but I read that they're good, so maybe contact the person you got it from if its really bad, it could be faulty?

hmm i will give it a go at leaving it to dry for longer, i guess it COULD still be damp, its a possibility
its had time in the tumbler, but its mainly been left out to dry on the radiators over night hmm
will wait and see

I found them not to dry as good on a heater (when its of, on would be diff lol) Tumble drying i do on a low heat. Even i you dry on an airer/heater and then tumble for 20 mins?

yeah i did that this time round and it lasted the shortest amount of time! :/
for some reason im not getting on with this one or my bamboozle, that one is even worse though
i get on absolutely fine with the BGs though, never ever had a leak

You could try soaking it in a bucket/sink/bath of water overnight or even longer if you can, to really get the absorbancy up. I find it quite hard to tell if my Cushies are dry but I've read that if they feel cold, they're not properly dry.

I soaked my CT overnight and they have had loads of washes, they still aren't the best nappies for Noah (but I cant bear to part with them, especially the ladybird :blush:)

We have to use the extra mini/newborn booster in it as well as the other snap in booster, still only last us a couple of hours before it wicks alot at the front.

I know quite a few others on here have sold their CT's as they didnt get on with them, the fit seems to be an issue with a few people as well.

If I was sensible Id sell, but they are too soft and cute :blush:

the fit on them is absolutely fantastic, his best fitting, which is why i cant understand it :(
might leave it in a bucket for a day or two

If they fit well and it wasn't that they leaked in a particular place, it does sound like they just aren't absorbant enough yet. A good way to get the absorbancy up is to put a bit of your normal detergent in a big bucket of water and swish the nappy round in it, then leave it for half an hour or so. Then rinse the nappy really well under the tap and change the water for just plain water and leave the nappy for as long as you can (24 hours is great!). Every hour or so during the day, swish the nappy round a bit and every couple of hours, change the water. If that still doesn't help, you could try the night booster with them. LO is a heavy wetter overnight and normally needs a WNNN with wool over the top and that will be soaking in the morning, but she was ok in a CT with the night booster when I tried it. It might be quite bulky but you could leave the small booster out.

I bought 3 cushie tushies to try when Jack was smaller and found also that they never fitted him well. Always leaked. So I waited tell he got a bit older thinking that it will fit him better. They did not even last him an hour and he would wet through all his clothes. I had to stop using them.

i really thought they would be a good nappy!
we will see how it does today, then its going in a bucket until next wash day

I got rid of all mine as i didn't get on with them at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"