cut my babys finger

NYGirl

Reaction score
help, just cut.my daughters finger when doing her nails. Its bleeding lots. Have put pressure on and a plaster and she's asleep now. But its still bleeding. What do I do? Help please. I'm in a panic

Oh Hun I did this too! I was cutting his nails and nipped his finger. It did bleed but he was fine. I'm sure your little one is too. I was so worried as well but babba will be fine x

Don't panic :hugs::hugs:

I know it looks like it's bleeding loads, but a tiny bit of liquid (blood) goes a long way ... try tipping as teaspoon of water on a plaster and you will see what I mean :hugs:

Tattie has done this a couple of times to Kaylum (I cut his nails now LOL) so I know how frightening it is, but your LO will be fine and the bleeding will stop soon :hugs::hugs:

I did this too! I now refuse to use nail clippers and file his nails instead! Too dangerous! It does seem like a lot of blood though, but its not. It will be fine :) I had a cry about it but looking back it was just an accident so dont worry about it! :hugs:

There is much more blood circulating in the hands and head which makes it look so much worse than it is (just wait for the first cut on the head, blood everywhere)... Just keep pressure on it and it should be fine :)

I just did this too...feel so awful :-(

I've done this too hun it does look alot but the bleeding will soon stop.

I did this too when my DD was a baby.. 9 weeks old exactly I'll never forget I actually cried I felt awful.. She had a cry and all was forgotten.

I agree with the other ladies though. A little liquid really does go a long way

I did this when my daughter was little and my mum did it more recently when she was cutting her nails. There was blood everywhere, but in actual fact it isn't as bad as it looks, you can;t put a plaster on it in case they swallow it so unfortunately, all you can do it wait for it to stop on its own. It's horrible but much more upsetting for us than it is for them!

I'm a nibbler! I bite LO's nails and will only cut them when he's sleeping. DH cuts his toenails cause he's a kicker, lol.

Don't worry! :hugs: I scratched LO's nose the first week we brought him home and I was in hysterics.

We did this when LO was very tiny, like a few weeks old or less :dohh:

I thought it would never stop bleeding!! Don't worry, it looks a lot worse than it it.

I still haven't tried the nail clippers again and I bite my LO's nails off instead now xx

I've not done this yet. Terrified of it though, so i know how youre feeling.. I nibble L's fingernails while she sleeps so she cant jerk about or me cut her :(

I've not done this yet. Terrified of it though, so i know how youre feeling.. I nibble L's fingernails while she sleeps so she cant jerk about or me cut her :(

Same, I'm also terrified of cutting LO so I pretty much just trim them via biting while he sleeps, he screams and cries if I do it when he's awake anyway [hates having his nails done] :haha:

How old is your baby? I had no idea until my newest baby was born that you shouldnt cut their fingernails until they are 3-4 weeks old because the outer growth part that you normally trim, is still attached to skin. Makes sense because I have made my last 2 daughters bleed while trimming their nails as newborns. I barely trimmed them too so I was confused to how I made them bleed! They should wear the mitts or socks over their hands so they dont scratch their face until then.

Thanks all. All is well today bleeding continued for hours, but not so much blood really, just kept going as too much air on it so we covered with micropore. She has a pink bit at the tip of her finger but she still loves me, so all is well.
Thanks again
X

I did this when my LO was 1 day old :( I forgot at that age their skin is firmly attached to the back of their nails and my son was born with nails as hard as an adult's, not the typical soft, easy to nibble baby fingernails-and he'd already managed to scratch himself in the eye-I felt so awful...

babies finger tips bleed lots, it can be alarming but its ok, just just bleed. i've done it before, she was fine :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->