Cute or weird? Unique name

I really like the name Kaillem, it seems like a nice alternative to the popular Callum. And Kai is an adorable nickname. :D

Thank you, KalonKiki! We really liked Callum, but wanted to modify it a bit.

I like it!

Also, Porsche and Mercedes are actual names, for the people who said they weren't. Mercedes was the name of the founders daughter and named after her, and Porsche is a surname.

I am a teacher, and I have a sweetheart of a kid in class this year with the name Dulce. You pronounce it more like "dull say" but the meaning is the same (sweet.) Her family nickname is actually Candy lol. I think it is cute, and I love names with a story to them. Go with what you like. : ) People will get used to it!

I like it!

Also, Porsche and Mercedes are actual names, for the people who said they weren't. Mercedes was the name of the founders daughter and named after her, and Porsche is a surname.

I have no doubt, but globally today they will mostly be known for their trademarks now, when I pick a name I don't tend to just pick an actual name/word I like the sound of, I think of its context, its meaning (literally and in society), any potentially mean nicknames, how it could sound with the surname, what the initials spell, is it classy enough to be carried across all occupations, will the name lead to pre judgements, can it be spelled easily, pronounced easily, I like it to have been heard of before (but perhaps not massively used, although DS2's name is pretty common) and lastly will it age well.

I know that sounds a massive list and worrying too much about others, but I think a name is really important and not just what I like, that child has to live with it for life and kids/society can be cruel I don't want to already set them out with a challenge to over come, some people might say that's pathetic but as a parent we might be confident enough in our choices but who is to say that child is going to be happy with an out there name? I'm a traditionalist with names though so it was easy for me, and none of this was aimed an the OP Dolce isn't too crazy I'm just explaining why I am really picky when selecting names and explaining why its link to a brand would put me off.

Dolce is actually commonly used in a lot of things (for example Starbucks uses the term for some of their coffee and it's a common Japanese video game character name i.e. Captain Dolce from from Eternal Sonata and Dolce from Rune Factory 4). It's a popular term because of its Latin root meaning. I also think a lot about how names will affect my children and of they will like it or hate it, but most kids are either indifferent or wish they had a different name for any reason whether they have a common one or a unique one. I know full well what it's like to have a unique name and the consequences of it but I still love my name, it's very pretty and stems from my heritage. I presented Dolce to DF as a middle name and he didn't say no, so that's a good sign. I really do think that it would make a good, unique middle name. There are too many people with the same middle names (can we say Marie, Rose, Lynn and Lee?) and for whatever reason a unique middle name is more important to me than a unique first name even though it will rarely be used. :haha:
I really do like the idea of Aria Dolce Ellis the more I think about it. Aria is a well received name that is increasing in popularity, is feminine and beautiful, has a beautiful meaning especially when paired with Dolce and I definitely think that it could grow with her and still seem professional in any occupation.

I know of one Aria and I think it's a really pretty name, I hadn't hard of it till I met her mum, we were rooting for her to call her second Melody lol ( she didn't!) I think Dolce sounds quite nice as a middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->