Cutting the cord

Ha ha ha its dead heavy so much more than you'd imagine. I'm not sure i'm fussed on keeping it at all, but might be a little curious to have a look at it. I pick my horses ones up with a fork ha ha!! It was kinda weird they always snort at them and make faces :lol:

I'm not sure about the cord as i dont think my OH is too keen so i will just go with the flow :)

I think it's very common in Chinese culture (not positive though so don't quote me on that :lol:)

NOT a common thing here in China! There are lots of weird rumours going around about what people get up to over here, but this one is not true for sure ;)

My DH wants to cut the cord and the hospital also encourages it. Makes the men feel more involved in the birth process. However, they'll make him cut a bit higher first and then the docs will deal with the finishing. So it will be more symbolic than anything, at the same time making sure that he doesn't nip it too close!

Rich cut Jasmine's cord and he said it was good, made him feel more connected to her

ok read through some if this then :)

taken from-https://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/eatplcnt.html

The placenta is an invaluable part of postpartum healing process for both mother & child. For thousands of years, the Chinese have revered this powerful substance in their Materia Medica as regenerative to the essence and the breath. Full of Qi (life force), the placenta aids in the recovery from childbirth, restoring lost hormones, augmenting lactation, shortening bleeding time, preventing mood jags, and ultimately helping your child in this vital time of bonding and nurturance. The placenta is prepared fresh - freezing is not recommended - with rice wine, precious herbs and fresh ginger to disperse the medicine deeply into the body. It is cleaned, steamed, and cut into very thin slices, then placed in a dehydrator until thoroughly dry. Then it is ground finely and encapsulated. It is believed that the state of mind one carries while working with the placenta will be absorbed into the medicine, so the healing focus is maintained throughout. The whole process takes 12 to 16 hours, definitely a labor of live! The typical dosage is two capsules three times a day for the first two to three weeks or until strength has been restored. It can then be called upon during the stages of your child's development where separation from Mommy is difficult, e.g. weaning, first steps, day care, etc.
taken from-https://pregnancy.about.com/cs/placentas/a/placenta.htm (warning has a pic of a placenta)

In Chinese Medicine, the placenta is known as a great life force and is highly respected in terms of its medicinal value. However, in this field it is not cook, but rather usually dried. To dry a placenta you would simply dehydrate it in the oven, then using a mortar and pestle grind it up. From there you can mix it with food or ingest it within capsules. I have actually known one mother who did this drying technique. It is my only personal experience with placentophagia.

taken from-https://www.pregnancy-info.net/about_placentas.html

* Indonesia: In Indonesia, the placenta is seen as the baby’s twin or elder sibling. This placenta will act as the child’s guardian angel throughout life. Therefore, it must be treated well, and is buried according to specific traditions. It is the father’s responsibility to clean, wrap, and bury the placenta on the day of the birth.
* China: The Chinese view the placenta as a life-giving force. Therefore, it is dried and added to certain placenta recipes in order to increase a person’s energy and vitality.
* Africa: In certain African nations, the placenta is swaddled in blankets and buried beneath a tree. This tree symbolizes ongoing life.

taken from-https://www.positivearticles.com/Article/Placenta-of-Attraction/3093
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) experts claim the human placenta has been eaten by the Chinese for 2500 years.

Dr Low Chai Ling, a medical director at an established medical institution, says "the Chinese believe it contains "qi" (Chinese for life force) and use it as a remedy for a whole range of problems such as lethargy, rejuvenating ageing skin and promoting breast milk production".

In Singapore, human placenta from China is readily available in a dried form from Chinese medical halls.

theres loads more where that came from:thumbup:

eeew Molly :sick: placenta! :sick::rofl:

I think its great for the father to cut the cord...my dh cut our first baby's...he said that it made him feel part of it all...and as I had a c-section he got to have the first hold...it made him feel sooo proud...because he was involved!
He is going to do the same again with this one...Im happy for him to bond by cutting the cord and having the first hold! As I have plenty of time with bubs inside! So I dont need anymore bonding time :lol: its just wonderful! Bubs knows me alright but its a nice way for bubs to get to know its daddy! :baby:
Dh said when he cut the cord, he felt like he was getting to do something, coz when Im pregy everything is about me, so that his special time...you know what I mean? I dont mind in the slightest...he is the best daddy! :blush::kiss:

My OH has said from the beginning he wanted to cut the LO's cord. I'm fine with this, I think its a great way for Daddy to bond with LO.

:sick: Definitely no placenta for me! :sick:

my oh says no way, he'll have all on standing upright i think,
yak eating a placenta eeek you wouldn't suck a tampax and its come from the same place lol so why eat that thing it massive lol,

I wasn't trying to say anything bad about China or the Chinese, as many know my husband is Chinese, and from what I was told eating the placenta is common in the Chinese culture, or maybe it used to be. :shrug:

I don't see much symbolism in the man cutting the cord tbh, however I would like justin to cut it, purely because I think then he will feel more involved with the birth; well that is if he hasn't passed out before then, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->