• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

CVS testing

Tatertot

Reaction score
I'm having a CVS test tomorrow morning. Anyone know if it hurts? Is the pain similar to an amnio? I'm sort of freaking out about that...

Good luck sweetie

I've had two. It is uncomfortable but it is not so bad and I would go through it again with no problems.

They will insert a needle to give you an anesthetic and then it feels quite numb. You have to try and lie quite still which is the hard bit. The needle goes down and then through your uterus, I felt this as quite a bit of pressure. They then have to keep the needle thing there for about a minute while they collect the sample.

I asked to look at the sample afterwards! It was little sample bottles filled with fluid and little bits of thread like stuff in it - amazing!

Make sure to rest up afterwards, put your feet up, get a pile of magazines and relax.

To be honest the hardest part for me is waiting for the results, my results take 2 weeks.

I hope it goes very well hun :hugs:

I had it yesterday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Apparently, I have the world's most perfect placenta which was in the perfect place for a vaginal test. I honestly didn't feel anything but the speculum hanging out for far longer than I would have liked. My doctor was excited about the sample and showed it to me. I thought it was gross. I don't really want to know what things that came out of my body look like.

I have to wait at least two weeks for results. They have to do a microarray to look for the particular genetic issue and the doctor isn't sure how long that will take. Something about the cells have to mature and then they test them. He seemed to think the cells would mature quickly since my placenta is awesome. :haha:

i hope your test results are all good! i finally got mine back today 5 weeks and 5 days after the cvs... my cells took a long time to grow apparently. worst wait ever lol good result though

Five weeks! That's my nightmare! Five weeks would put me at 18 weeks when I got results! If things weren't okay and the pregnancy couldn't be continued that would be WAY too late for me! Yikes!

I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did to get results back (mine was an amnio though) and I am keeping absolutely everything crossed that the results come back clear xxx

Mm it was a nightmare, they told me it would take 3 weeks. Not their fault really but i was really freaking out about a bad result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"