• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cycle day two! Anyone else with me?

Hi girls! :hi:

So you're all sticking with days 5-9?? I'm so tempted to do it 3-7 this cycle, just to move up ov a few days!

i have to take 5-9 on dr.s orders..but am tempted to do it earlier so i get more eggs...more chances to catch 1......
BUT later date ensures better quality......

I also was told by Dr. and I questioned her if it would be better to take it earlier than 5-9 and she said since my progesterone was so low on the first round, I need to take it 5-9 so I make better quality eggs.
So, how was everybody's side effects?? I again didn't really have any, but my temps have been much higher than normal? Anybody else temping and notice that?
Lisa, did you stay on 25mg of the Clomid?

I'm sticking to 25 mg, but I decided to try cd 3-7 this cycle. (Shhh, don't tell my husband or my doctor! :haha:) I'm not getting my progesterone checked, but when my dr checked my last chart she made some comment about a "nice temp rise", I wonder if that has to do with progesterone? I would think low progesterone = minimal temp rise? But I could be way off. I figure my dose is so low, it can't do much harm to change my days. I go back to the dr at the end of Feb, to discuss next steps.

Lisa you rebel you!! haha I can't wait to see how it goes for you because I really debated changing days as well (also against docs order). If you look at my charts you can see my temps are pretty low which I think is an indicator of my low prog.

Your temps actually look good after O, with a good rise in temp. So maybe I was off in thinking that low prog would mean a minimal temp rise. Anyway, who knows what difference, if any, changing my days will make. I'll keep you posted!! :)

Just an update

(1st round - 50mg Clomid CD4-CD8)

I have PCOS! (YAY - at least now I know what's wrong with me)
Yesterday (CD12) ultrasound shows that I have 2 follicles, both under 18mm BUT I have a 6cm cyst. :cry:

I'm waiting for my DR to... come up with a plan to DESTROY this cyst!!!!!

Do they have to do something with the cyst? I know when I went for testing they said that I had a cyst on my ovary, but they weren't concerned and said they'd check it again in 6 months to make sure it went away on its own. I suppose it depends on what type of cyst you have though. Hopefully it won't have any affect on TTC for you.
How did your body do with the clomid?? Side effects? I was excited to actually have some side effects this month, night sweats! Who would have thought I'd be excited to sweat :)
Lisa--my temp shift is usually good, but overall my temps just seem lower than most peoples. Who knows I guess....I'm hoping my post ov temps are higher than they have been.

Korink26 - I just heard frm my dr, and she says that I can go ahead and start trying this month!!! Now just waiting to ovulate... hopefully this weekend :) I had NO side-effects whatsoever to the clomid so ... I was disappointed and not very hopeful?! It looks like it worked tho! Dr says that my body responded very well to it! Can't wait to start trying...!

*Hoping to be a Mommy soon*

**UPDATE**

CD4-CD8: 50mg Clomid
CD12: 2 follicles (both under 18mm)
CD14: Neg OPK in the AM
CD14: Pos OPK in the PM
CD14: BD'd w/Preseed :happydance:

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING???

Oh wow, that's awesome, positive opk on cd 14! I'm jealous! Haha. Looks like your timing was perfect!! :happydance:

Not much going on with me, going to start my opks and bd'ing early next week. :thumbup:

**UPDATE**

CD4-CD8: 50mg Clomid
CD12: 2 follicles (both under 18mm)
CD14: Neg OPK in the AM
CD14: Pos OPK in the PM
CD14: BD'd w/Preseed :happydance:

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING???

Yyeeaaahhh!!!!! :wohoo: Can't wait to see how this cycle goes for you, you def. timed it perfect! Are you having a CD 21/22 prog. test?
I'm CD14 today, usually OV around the 17th, although last month clomid put it off until the 18th. I'd REALLY like to OV earlier than that!

LISA92881 & Korink26
Thanks ladies! Just a little background about me, I’ve been “not protecting” myself for.. close to 10 years now… and not ONE pregnancy. :*( I was always too scared and embarrassed to get checked out. Finally made an appointment about a month ago. Soo glad I did.

My dr. says that I don’t need a CD21 progesterone test b/c she knows that I’m going to ovulate already…?? I’m soo new at this, so what is a progesterone test for? Would you recommend it? If so, I can always call my dr office and set up an appt.

Good luck on your cycles Ladies! Please please please keep me updated!:hugs:

*Hoping to be a Mommy one day*

Hmm, that seems weird that your dr would say that. Maybe he/she meant that it wasn't a definite that you would have ovulated early enough to get bloodwork done cd21? The bloodwork checks your progesterone level, which can indicate if you ovulated, and if your ovulation was "strong enough", going by the numbers. But, with that said, not all dr's do that, mine isn't. She gave me 3 refills and wanted to see me back in February to see how it was going. Maybe since your dr is doing ultrasounds he thinks that bloodwork isn't necessary too?? :shrug:

Hmm, that seems weird that your dr would say that. Maybe he/she meant that it wasn't a definite that you would have ovulated early enough to get bloodwork done cd21? The bloodwork checks your progesterone level, which can indicate if you ovulated, and if your ovulation was "strong enough", going by the numbers. But, with that said, not all dr's do that, mine isn't. She gave me 3 refills and wanted to see me back in February to see how it was going. Maybe since your dr is doing ultrasounds he thinks that bloodwork isn't necessary too?? :shrug:

I REALLY have no idea what is going on. I don't even know the right questions to ask. I'm just going with what my Dr tells me... and trusting her instinct.... after all, she is the professional?!?! I don't know. Maybe after this cycle, if I don't get preggo, I'll have more experience and know exactly what to say/ask...? She just told me to BD alot this wknd. I'm to follow-up with her in two weeks with a BFP or AF.

I'll prob call my drs office on Monday and speak with a nurse.

Ugg...10 years! I've been not protecting for 3 years....seems like forever when all we want is a baby!!
Like Lisa said, my prog. gets checked to see how well I'm ovulating. I know I'm ovulating, but with the prog. test found out I'm not having good quality. Since you're getting ultrasounds done, I bet your DR. can tell you're making good eggs and don't need the progesterone test.
You won't have to worry about any of this though, because you're going to get your BFP THIS MONTH!!!!! :)

Korink26 - Yes.. 10 loong years. :*( I have PCOS, and I don't ovulate on my own...

How are you girls doing?? Anyone O yet?

Ugg, well looks like I ovulated earlier than normal and my CBFM gave me a peak the day AFTER ovulation. So we bd'd -3, -1 and day after Ov, but not on OV so I'm worried I'll be out for this month. So, judging by my temps I'm 2DPO today....still shocked at my temp this morning, I was expecting it to be very low indicating my ovulation day.
If AF doesn't show I'll be testing around the 4/5 of February.
FX'd ladies---let this be our month!

still no ovulation for me.......on day 13...no positive opk as yet...just hoping i do ovulate at some point...fingers crossed.xxx

CBMD - Is your dr doing ultrasounds and keeping an eye on how clomid is effecting you? On my CD12, I went in and they found 2 maturing follicles. I'm always in touch with my dr... Well - My fingers are crossed for you. Hope you O soon! BD alot! LOL

Korink26 **Fingers CROSSED**

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->