Cycle help- when do I ovulate?

MillieJ16

Reaction score
Hi ladies, to cut a long story short, I came off the pill approximately 12 weeks ago, and I have always had regular periods when on and off the pill. The first day of my last 3 periods started were...

Saturday 6th September - was due to ovulate on Saturday 20th September

Period started Saturday 4th October - was due to ovulate on Saturday 18th October

My next period was due on Saturday 1st November (2 weeks after I ovulated) but I had an early bleed and bad cramping that started on Monday 27th October and lasted a week.

I've never had irregular periods and I still don't know why I bled heavily and had bad abdominal cramps, but what I would like to know is when I would have ovulated this month.... the bleeding started 16 days ago, so would that mean I would have ovulated 2 days ago? I didn't notice any ewcm this month and I don't chart or temp so was simply going on an online ovulation predictor to help me.

Any information/advice would be appreciated :flower:

Hi... Didn't want to ready and run. I have just come off bcp and am all over the place so no help sorry xx

I've been off birth control for about 5 months and surprisingly my cycles stayed regular, but this past cycle, which started on November 5 was about 2-3 days late and it started differently then it normally did. I had light spotting for 2 days, then AF came all the way. It only lasted 4 days (the bleeding) and then just stopped completely and normally I'll have some spotting for a day afterwards. I'm suppose to ovulate on the 19th according to my OVIA app, but I will start using my Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Kit on the 15 or 16 based on my cycle length. I think our bodies just do weird things sometimes, and I was super stressed out this last cycle because of my job and wanting to be pregnant lol. Also, it isn't that common that all women ovulate between CD 14-16. Your body can always ovulate earlier or later. I read this on Clear Blues website haha. It is best to start testing around CD 10 if you are unaware of your cycle length or if your period are irregular. Good luck to you!! :dust:
Hi ladies, to cut a long story short, I came off the pill approximately 12 weeks ago, and I have always had regular periods when on and off the pill. The first day of my last 3 periods started were...

Saturday 6th September - was due to ovulate on Saturday 20th September

Period started Saturday 4th October - was due to ovulate on Saturday 18th October

My next period was due on Saturday 1st November (2 weeks after I ovulated) but I had an early bleed and bad cramping that started on Monday 27th October and lasted a week.

I've never had irregular periods and I still don't know why I bled heavily and had bad abdominal cramps, but what I would like to know is when I would have ovulated this month.... the bleeding started 16 days ago, so would that mean I would have ovulated 2 days ago? I didn't notice any ewcm this month and I don't chart or temp so was simply going on an online ovulation predictor to help me.

Any information/advice would be appreciated :flower:

Your cycles were regular when you were on birth control because that's what birth control does. So, it's no surprise that your body is acting a little wonky while it tries to regulate itself once you stopped the bc hormones.

Few women actually ovulate exactly two weeks after their period. All those apps are doing is guessing using that rule, so it's no wonder they are wrong.

I recommend charting your basal body temperature and using Fertility Friend to chart. It is way more accurate.
Good luck!

Thank you for all your replies ladies, really appreciate it. If i am not pregnant this cycle, what do I need and what do I have to do to start 'charting'? Going to look into it because for my past couple of cycles I've just used an ovulation calculator online and no surprises, but I used about 5 and they all gave me different dates!

Thank you for all your replies ladies, really appreciate it. If i am not pregnant this cycle, what do I need and what do I have to do to start 'charting'? Going to look into it because for my past couple of cycles I've just used an ovulation calculator online and no surprises, but I used about 5 and they all gave me different dates!

I would invest in some ovulation sticks to see exactly when you get a positive.

There are lots of cheap ones and clear blue do a digital one that shows you a smiley face when you get a surge and are likely to soon ovulate.

I don't chart, but keep a record of my cycles and ovulation dates etc, plus any symptoms I get.

Hope that helps!

X

Brill, thank you :) I'll look into it this evening. Me and my husband are ttc our 2nd baby- our 3 year old was a 'surprise' so we put no thought into getting pregnant last time, and I sure did take it for granted. Only now have I realised how lucky we were. My fingers are crossed for you and your bfp hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->