Cycle returning, dip in milk production?

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a correlation between the two, or experienced it?

My son is 4 months old and has been cluster feeding for a few days and I'm pretty sure I just started my period.

Did anyone have a non-recoverable drop in milk?

I had no change in supply at all. Was around 20 weeks when mine came back, so pretty close to where you are. Cluster feeding may just be a growth spurt.

I vaguely recall feeling like there was a difference in the week around the return of my period and I also felt the same the next month but it obviously didn't stay that way as that was at 12 weeks PP and LO was EBF until 6 months with no issues and still going strong now. I was never completely sure if it was an actual drop in supply or just my perception of it - it wasn't quite a full on aversion to BF but it wasn't particularly pleasant in the week before my period so it could just have been that I was wishing she wasn't feeding so much and it felt like she wanted to be latched 24/7!

How lucky that our cycles returned so quickly... :/

Well, good to know you both were able to continue :) I suppose I will let him work his magic on me and hope my supply catches up to his demands.

Yes, definitely. EPers can see exactly how much they are making, and it's very very common to have a dip when your cycle comes back. Your supply will return on its own within a few days, don't worry.

Milk seems to have increased already as Lennox is back to spitting up every five minutes.

Thanks again ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"