cyclizine and drowsiness?

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
I am nearly fifteen weeks pregnant and still have sickness and all day nausea. A couple of weeks ago the doctor prescribed me an anti sickness tablet that made me so tired I literally couldn't move, I was exhausted!
I went back to the doctors yesterday and he has given me cyclizine. After having a chat with the pharmacist she said that these tablets will make you alot more drowsy than the last ones you had.....but i couldn't cope with how the last ones made me feel and I'm so worried that the cyclizine are going to make me worse!
So is anyone on cyclizine and how have they made you feel?

I am taking Ciclyzine and I am exhausted, but to be honest, I have a full time job, a 3 year old and am 8 weeks pregnant, so I figure I'd be the same with or without the tablets and for the most part, they are helping with the sickness, which enables me to function, that is a big positive.

They made me a bit tired but pregnsncy makes you tired anyways doesn't it? They also worked brilliantly for me for reducing the sickness

They actually make jittery. Like I've had several espressos. But mentally exhausted... It makes no sense!

They actually make jittery. Like I've had several espressos. But mentally exhausted... It makes no sense!

This exactly. They made me feel terrible. After being in hospital & having an odd reaction to it being injected into me I was told to list it as an allergy. They put me on Metoclopramide and prochlaperazine. These were much much better! Cyclizine is a very strong tablet. It is often given to cancer patients to stop sickness during chemo

I had to stop taking mine because it was literally like someone had drugged me. I felt awful. I physically couldn't keep my eyes open and it was like I was passing in and out of sleep all the time and the smallest things (like going up and down stairs) were unbearably exhausting. Sounds like I had a pretty strong reaction to it though going by the other posters' experiences. But just be aware. It's always worth a try as they might be great for you. By the way it didn't start until 2-3 days after I started taking it :).

Thanks all. Lilmiss that's how I reacted to my other anti sickness tablets and these ones sounds like they would possibly have a worse reaction for me.
I'm almost fifteen weeks pregnant and am going to try and ride it out I think.....ive done eleven weeks!!
Thanks all for your advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->