Cytotec?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
Anyone been given Cytotec to help jump start labor? I go into labor and delivery on Sunday afternoon to have it inserted, and the doc said they're going to monitor me for awhile. How long do they monitor for? Did it put any of you into full blown labor?

Not exactly sure but I'm being given cervidil I think its pretty much same thing. Mine is to soften my cervix up for the induction. I've been told its started labor for a few women.

Cytotec is not fda approved for the use in augmenting labor. But its commonly used anyway. I would do some research on it.

Cytotec is not fda approved for the use in augmenting labor. But its commonly used anyway. I would do some research on it.

Agreed. Ina May Gaskin has dug up some concerning research on Cytotec. I'd avoid it, personally, and push for something that's been approved for obstetric use. This is only one article, but it will give you an idea of what to research if you want to look further. https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/Cytotec_FDA.asp

I had cervadil with ds1, totally unfavourable for induction. Nothing much happened after so I went for a long walk around hospital grounds which gave me cramps, 24hrs after I'd had the pessary (11am) I was 3cm. I was in full blown labour by the lunch time and had him 3.45pm!

Good luck! X

I had cytotec with my first child. They placed it around 8 pm and by midnight I was in labor. They were supposed to give three doses, but after the second one they decided my body was starting the process on it own.

Well, I went to get it and I was contracting too much on my own so I couldn't have it. But I was induced with Pitocin and had him yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->