D & C Questions and Frustration

PhotoPassion

Reaction score
So I recently got an ultrasound at 10 weeks and it was clearly a blighted ovum. I've mostly come to terms with this and am ready to move on with a D & C. I do NOT want to miscarry naturally, but I called my doctor and the nurse said he doesn't want to do a D & C unless my HCG is zero... which makes no sense since I haven't miscarried yet! She also said if I start to miscarry that I'll basically just have to let it happen. I've read enough stories about it to know that I want to take the D & C route, but my doctor's office is making this incredibly difficult! I'm scared it will start before I go through all the hoops to get the procedure. What should I do? At this point, seeing another doctor would probably take forever too. I'm so incredibly frustrated! I just want this over.

I'm not sure why hcg needs to be 0, mine was 15 000 when I had it done. Is there a reason you don't want the natural mc? There is still cramping, bleeding and discomfort that comes with a d & c if that is your concern?

I've read a lot of people's stories about the natural and it sounds a lot more painful and there's still the possibility all of it won't pass. I'm 10.5 weeks so I think it might be especially bad. If I weren't as far as long I'd be more comfortable with going natural. Also, I don't want to sit around and wait any longer. I'm ready for this to be over.

Believe me, I totally understand. I had a mmc in Feb and looks like I'm headed there again. I'm as natural as I can be (homebirth, rarely take meds and try to be as health conscious as I can manage) but when it comes down to knowing there is no life inside of you all you want is to move on. GL and I truly hope you get your rainbow soon.

Thanks, I hope you find a healthy baby and not another mmc. It's beyond terrible for someone to have to experience that twice!

Well I had my scan today and still no hb. Embryo has grown a little but not enough. I am waiting to hear from mw and I know she will want to schedule a d & c. This is my 3rd loss in 6 months so I'm going to request fetal tissue testing as well as fertility testing for dh and I.
How are you making out? Do you have a d & c scheduled?

And so you know my hcg is over 104 000 and mw said nothing about it in regards to d & c.

I am really sorry to hear about your news. I can't imagine going through that three times. How far along are you this time? Do you think you will get the D & C?

I'm really about the same... still spotting but not much else. The doctor hasn't given me the option of a D & C yet, but I think I might have to really push for it because I'm almost "11 weeks" now and I simply can't wait much longer. I'm hoping to start a new job in a little over a week and need to be recovering by then I hope. I just don't see the point of waiting for it naturally at this point. I think I might lose my mind waiting:wacko:

I am 8 weeks, I was over 12 last one. Now that I know things are not progressing I want to move forward.
If you do have a d & c I only had 1 day of slight cramping and discomfort so recovery was very quick. If I knew I would miscarry soon I would let nature take its course but I can't wait for weeks.
I hope you have an end in sight.

I totally understand about the waiting. It's really the worst feeling ever right now. Good luck with moving forward. I hope you are able to get answers!

So sorry you are going through this. I had a D and C 4 months ago now for a blighted ovum too. If really is nothing to worry about. I found the procedure came with only mild discomfort and the physical recovery is very quick. I made a thread on here called my D and C experience when I had mine. I will bump it up for you as it may help to erase any worries. Wishing you lots of luck xx

Are you sure you didn't misunderstand? Because as far as I know a doctor does a D&C because the hormones refuse to drop to zero. It usually means there is tissue left over (which was in my case)

I know that's why they usually do them. I don't think the nurse I was talking to had any idea because I told her that didn't make any sense lol. Luckily, I later talked to someone who knew what was going on and got the D&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->