D&C questions

AnnaLaura

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope all the Americans are going to have a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow!:flower:

I would love to have some input here. I'm going to ask the doctor about this today but would like to hear other people's personal experiences.

After 95 days with no period, I am scheduled to have a D&C this evening. I am not thrilled but at least I will sleep through it.

I am finishing two weeks of progesterone on Friday. I understand that I'll bleed for a few days after the D&C, but with the end of the progesterone supplements, I was supposed to get my period within a few days. Am I in for an uncomfortable couple of weeks? And what sort of "real" period could I expect after someone's been scritching around in there? :confused:

Also, the doctor thinks my cycles should hopefully regulate after this. Was this the experience of anyone else who went through this? I really hope so because I am sick of this progesterone. I wake up every morning with stiff fingers and my face looks like a basketball. :nope:

Sorry for the dumb questions but this is all new to me. :help:

Thanks!

Not a dumb question at all. After I had a D&C I seem to remember I bled for a few days, like a heavy AF. My cycles carried on as they always had after that. Although I did have acupuncture to help regulate my hormones. I am surprised they would give you a D&C for not having periods, I´ve never heard of that...but then I´m not a Dr. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Let us know how you got on and good luck.

Not a dumb question at all. After I had a D&C I seem to remember I bled for a few days, like a heavy AF. My cycles carried on as they always had after that. Although I did have acupuncture to help regulate my hormones. I am surprised they would give you a D&C for not having periods, I´ve never heard of that...but then I´m not a Dr. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Let us know how you got on and good luck.

Thank you for answering. My doctor isn't doing it to regulate my periods, but to check for polyps. Although he told me that it might have the effect of getting me back on track. Maybe he meant that if I do have polyps, removing them would help me.

I was originally just supposed to have a hysteroscopy to see what's going on, but after some discussion we decided to go this route instead.

I guess I'm over-thinking the whole thing because this is the first medical procedure I've had since moving to Greece. This will be done at a "gynecological clinic" and I'm just not sure what to expect.

Hi AL :hi:
I'm sorry I can't answer your query but I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope everything goes ok.
:hugs:

Just wanted to say I had it done and all my anxiety was a lot of wasted energy. I feel almost normal today! The best I can describe what discomfort I have today is much less than the ordinary first day of my period. I have some spotting and that's it, not even any real cramps or anything. :happydance: The whole thing took about 15 minutes and I dreamed, which was strange, after I woke up and thought about it.

I hope someone else having this done for the first time won't worry as much as I did.

I am so pleased it went well. I hope you get back to normal now!

Anna Laura, nice to hear it all went well!

I had a D&C done few years ago, you might be spotting for few days but it is great news that you feel so good and without strong cramps!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anna Laura, nice to hear it all went well!

I had a D&C done few years ago, you might be spotting for few days but it is great news that you feel so good and without strong cramps!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

The strongest cramps I had was on the way home (40 km drive), like a really bad period, and like a regular period after that! I'm so surprised. I am spotting, but the dr. gave me Mitrotan to stop this. I've been feeling pretty good today, but I was low on energy.

Thanks to all of you for listening. :hugs:

Glad it all went well AL and you are feeling good :hugs:. That's great news.

AnnaLaura, how are you feeling now?

Thank you so much for asking!! :hugs: To be honest, I've been pretty tired today. I went in for my follow up appointment yesterday evening and he got my lab results back--I did have polyps and hyperplasia of my endometrium. He put me on Primalut Nor (norethisterone). I'm supposed to take that on CD 12-26 for the next three months.

So now I'm waiting for my period to start (finished the original progesterone prescription yesterday), go back in for day 3 tests, and then start taking the progestin on day 12. I am kind of upset because when he put me on the progesterone two weeks ago, he meant for me to take 200 mg a day, but the pharmacist wrote 100 mg on my instructions and that's what I took. So this means that if my period doesn't start, I have to go on 200 mg for another week.

Hopefully this will straighten me out. I bet this was more of an answer than you were bargaining for! :blush:

AnnaLaura, it is great to hear that you are feeling ok.
Hopefully AF will arrive soon. When I had my D&C it took me a normal cycle to get AF but I had a D&C due to a molar pregnancy so I guess it is not the same.
I can´t believe the pharmacist gave you the wrong dose! Anyway I do how things go back to normal for you very soon:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AnnaLaura, it is great to hear that you are feeling ok.
Hopefully AF will arrive soon. When I had my D&C it took me a normal cycle to get AF but I had a D&C due to a molar pregnancy so I guess it is not the same.
I can´t believe the pharmacist gave you the wrong dose! Anyway I do how things go back to normal for you very soon:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you so much, Sus. After 100 days, I am finally on CD1!!!!! For real! :happydance: (I thought I was a few weeks ago, but it was just spotting.) My husband actually congratulated me! :haha: So the mistake in dosage didn't hurt anything.

I really appreciate the support I've had on here. :hugs:

CD1!!!:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::happydance:

I am so happy for you hun, a new cycle for you!
I am so, so glad everything went well for you! a trouble free d&c and now your CD1 :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:dust::dust::dust:

The whole thing took about 15 minutes and I dreamed, which was strange, after I woke up and thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->