D&E

Lois22

Mum to Emilia
Reaction score
Not sure I'm posting in the right place...I have to har a D&E on Monday and was wondering if anyone could share thier experience. I'm a little scared. I'm emetaphobic and got told the tablet you put under your tongue for 2 hours prior can make you sick. Is it over quick after the 2 hour wait and are you allowed home soon after? I have my mum coming with me and don't wanna be away from her for too long.

Xx

hi hun. sorry not much advice to give as i didnt have a d&e but im very sorry for your loss and i hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you xxxxxxxx

I didn't have a d&e so I'm not sure what it will be like. You may have better luck in ethical prenatal losses. I am so sorry for what you will go through and wish you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I had D and E back in July and this is not to scare you in any way or form , but are u sure you want D and E? Are you considering other options like giving birth? The procedure is relatively easy physically , its the emotional pain after the procedure. The procedure itself is about 30 min , they keep you in the hospital for few hours so that you can come out of anasthesia. From personal experience, Up to this day I regret having to go through this , not being able to hold my little girl in my arms, having nothing to hold on to to keep her memory alive. I cant give you the details of the procedure on this forum , because of the nature of the surgery (dont want to hirt other women on here). Please be kind to yourself and take really good care of yourself. I wish you nothing but the best and I am sorry if my message is too harsh/hurt your feeling. Having to go through D and E and knowing the reality , I would like to pass my best knowledge to you. A lot of women choose D and E because of their lack of knowledge about the procedure. My doctor didnt explain much detail, if I only knew before. Its not your fault for having to choose D and E , its the doctors who dont give yo enough information.

I am really sorry again that you are going throught this

I had a D&E last month but I didn't have a tablet of any sort. I had laminara put in the night before. Took out the laminara and started bleeding. Waited for two hours for Doctor to get to hospital while they started IVs. Went to operatining table and I was woken up about 30 mins later and I was just groggy from drugs. Doctor did give me antibiotics and a pill that prevents bleeding to take for 10 days. You just have to be careful until your 3 weeks check up.. Good luck..

I had a d&c and they just put me to sleep and I woke up not pg :( Its more emotional pain then physical really. I am so sorry you have to go through this hun :cry: but I am glad your mom will be with you :hugs:

Could you ask them for an anti-emetic like Zofran or Phenegran for when it's over? So sorry to hear about your loss but I also posted because I am emetophobic also. Best of luck to you and big big hugs xoxo

Thanks :) yeah when they give me the tablets I may ask for an anti sickness

Xx

Thanks :) yeah when they give me the tablets I may ask for an anti sickness

Xx

I am just so sorry you are going through this, it is heartbreaking :cry::cry::cry:
I know my Sisiter In Law had the D&E she was put out though, are they putting you out? Have they explained everything to you about this procedure?
We are all here for you anytime day or night. I am just so sorry :hugs::hugs:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Also did your pregnancy symptoms go straight after? We are off for work for 3 months in France and I don't want to be ill while there

Xx

symptoms pretty much stop hun and they will give you tablets to reduce hormones anyways but the emotional side of things takes a long time to get over hun so just be prepared for that and have plenty of support around you!! you will probably have to go back for a check up 3 or 6 weeks later also so i dont know whether you can do that in france or whatever but just make sure of all that anyway before you go.so sorry again xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->