Dad to be jitters

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
My bf and I have been together 2 years and planned on being married, in a house with a dog and both have stable jobs before we had kids. Surprise! It didnt happen that way. I'm 7 weeks preg and my bf says he's scared - I know this is normal. I'm scared too. He works a dead end job that he hates, I may have a job opportunity that would help us out a lot financially and get us into a town with more options. He is looking for a better job too. Things between us are solid. I'm very lucky to have him, he is amazing. I just wish there was some way I could help him through the things that are going on in his mind. I know we will be okay and we will not be like our families around us which is one of his fears.

Any ideas as to how i can do or say something special for him that will help him feel more secure and excited?

Have a look and see if there is a pregnancy forum type thing for expectant dads where they can discuss these sort of things. Most men do get like that even when it's not their first. Normally seeing the scan and then a growing bump helps them connect better

Why don't you show him just what you wrote here? Funny how you can say exactly what you mean when talking to people you don't know...?

He probably won't totally lose the nervousness, it's natural. Whenever I start to worry about finances, etc, DH is good at changing the topic. The best topic? The baby. Talking baby is fun and loving and even though it's a big responsibility and change, you guys will figure it out. Sometimes things happen for a reason and your baby was tired of waiting and doesn't care about a house and dogs :) It's a test, for sure, but as long as you guys love each other and the baby, it'll be ok! So...talk future with him. Talk baby names and whether it's a boy or a girl, that might settle his nerves a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->