Daft question, but what is classed as puree????

charlie07

Reaction score
I know ti sounds daft but what do you class as pureed? I made some pear the other night and froze it in an ice cube tray. Now I defrosted an ice cube and the pear seems lumpy, but only slightly.

My question is should it be almost liquid or is it supposed to be a little coarse???

I think it would be fine... Jasmines rice cereal etc is never super smooth either lol.. She does fine with it and she is much younger.

The sooner you can get them eating lumpier/coarser food the better babe:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I have usually made my own babyfood (mostly) and it's never as smooth as the stuff in jars but HV said that it's better to have some texture as they need to get used to the lumpier stuff asap as it's the chewing action that helps to develop babies jaw movements etc ready for speech....I had never even thought about that:dohh:

I mostly give my baby food I've prepared at home and when I started weaning him I gave him some pear that I had "puree"-ed with the hand blender and it was a bit coarse and easy to spoon up etc....

... then I bought a jar of baby food for emergencies and when I went to use it the "puree" in it was so smooth you could have drunk it rather than eat it! So obviously what I think of as puree and what baby food companies think of is different!

Thanks girls. Puree to me is smooth, so when I saw small lumps, I did start to question what exactly is puree! So thank you. She did try to eat the pear puree on it's own but she's not sure, gonna keep trying, but she may not be that keen, I don't like pears either!!! Gonna try apple next week, let's see what she makes of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->