Damaged Pelvic Floors and Going for a Natural Birth

LockandKey

Reaction score
With the complications I had during my first birth experience, assisted birth, episiotomy, and epidural, I ended up with some pelvic floor damage and a very, only slight prolapse. Other than some slight leaking during my 2nd pregnancy, it has never caused any real problems for me. I started doing kegels multiple times a day, daily for the past 2 and 1/2 months now and have not had leaking issues since, however, while I was in the bathroom, TMI sorry, I noticed that there was a bit of pink partly covering my lady parts opening, ugh, I don't even like to mention it, but it wasn't there before, and I am now really paranoid this may cause complications or interfere with my plans for a natural birth. I'm also worried this condition may get even worse after the birth of my 2nd. It's not painful at all, I don't feel any extra pressure, I probably wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't look. I figure the added pressure from the growing baby is causing this, but I'm still extremely scared :(

I have damage too, from my previous birth. I still have to give counter pressure on my perineum to be able to push out a bowel movement so I'm freaking out over how the hell ill push my baby out?!! But like you it's got worse the further along I've got so maybe it'll go back to normal after birth? I've come to terms with the fact ill prob need surgery to get it all fixed up though after this (last) baby

Sorry to hear that, must be so difficult :( this is also my last for sure. My midwife said I should be ok to have a vaginal birth, I've been doing about 50 Kegels a day to try and help out

This is going to sound nuts but I feel like my natural birth 'fixed' my damage!!! As you know, my pelvic damage was pretty identical to yours.

Now, I don't have pain with sex and I can even do jumping jacks without peeing (!), and I did nothing special. I even had 2 hours pushing with him.

It's the episiotomy that does it.....

I too have a slight prolapse and often leak so I'm worried too but here's hoping we feel like aliss after!

It's strange but I wonder if a "do-over" can actually help repair a prolapse? I swear I didn't do anything special beyond a birth without any tearing

I actually have moderate cycstocele (bladder prolapse), moderate rectocele (rectal prolapse), AND uterine/cervical prolapse after the birth of DS1. Fun, right?;) I asked my OB during our first visit if this would present an issue during a vaginal birth, and expressed my desire to have a med-free Hypnobabies birth this time. She told me that the odds of the cycstocele and rectocele truly interfering with the birth in general were very low, as the baby would just kind of "move them out of the way" as he made his way through the birth canal (for lack of a better explanation:)).

She said the best plan of action would be to allow me to labor down as much as possible in order for the baby to be in optimal position and lessen the need for any added pushing. She is THRILLED and totally supportive of me going med-free, as it will allow me to move around more during early labor and maintain more positive muscle control during the pushing phase (neither of which are possible with a epidural). She explained that being able to feel the cues when my body is truly ready to push should be much more effective than possibly straining to push just because I'm fully dilated. Her outlook on it gives me even more motivation to go natural:) Good luck hun!!:)

I actually have moderate cycstocele (bladder prolapse), moderate rectocele (rectal prolapse), AND uterine/cervical prolapse after the birth of DS1. Fun, right?;) I asked my OB during our first visit if this would present an issue during a vaginal birth, and expressed my desire to have a med-free Hypnobabies birth this time. She told me that the odds of the cycstocele and rectocele truly interfering with the birth in general were very low, as the baby would just kind of "move them out of the way" as he made his way through the birth canal (for lack of a better explanation:)).

She said the best plan of action would be to allow me to labor down as much as possible in order for the baby to be in optimal position and lessen the need for any added pushing. She is THRILLED and totally supportive of me going med-free, as it will allow me to move around more during early labor and maintain more positive muscle control during the pushing phase (neither of which are possible with a epidural). She explained that being able to feel the cues when my body is truly ready to push should be much more effective than possibly straining to push just because I'm fully dilated. Her outlook on it gives me even more motivation to go natural:) Good luck hun!!:)

oh that's great! Thank you so much for sharing what your MW said, it's definitely a relief to read :)

well the good news is I had my midwife check, and she said no sign of an actual prolapse, it was just my pelvic floors slightly sagging down a bit after being stretched from my first pregnancy and vaginal birth, plus the added weight from the baby currently taking up the space. She doesn't seem to be worried about my going all natural at all. Was still a bit worried about my pelvic floors potentially getting in the way, but like Trichick mentioned, I'm sure they will move up and out of the way on the baby's way out. Thank you again ladies for your support! :)

I wanted to share this article which helped me completely remedy my prolapse:

We should be doing SQUATS NOT KEGELS to help pelvic floor!
https://mamasweat.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html

I wanted to share this article which helped me completely remedy my prolapse:

We should be doing SQUATS NOT KEGELS to help pelvic floor!
https://mamasweat.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html

I wonder if this is why for me. I never did kegals but I went right back to training for my powerlifting comps which means squatting my bodyweight or more..... gotta keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->