Damn it, possible redundancy :(

mspotter

Mummy!!
Reaction score
Not preg related really but im in a bit of a pickle :nope:
I think the place i work for has gone/is going bump so i'l be out of a job.
I was planning on my mat leave starting end of july at around 37 weeks so i'd have june and julys normal wage packet then my 6wks of 90% pay to take me through aug and half of sept before i went onto £136ish smp.
I'm not even sure if i'd get any redundancy, i'v been there 5 years so def entitled to it, its just if the company doesnt exist any more theres no one to pay it is there??
I think iv just got to look at it thats mays pay packet might be the last one, bugger!

I know i'l qualify for MA from 29wks its just the salary up til i would have left, holiday pay and the 90% first 6wks that i'd lose but this is quite a lot to us and im worrying a bit!
:flower:

My partner was made redundant last year after his company (Game) went under. Because at the time the company didn't exist, he claimed redundancy through the government. You lose out a lot, especially if you've been there awhile. He was a store manager and had been there 7 years. It also takes awhile and lots if forms etc to fill in, but you should get something.

Thanks for that, i just assumed that i wouldnt get anything so at least that would be some help even if it takes a while :)
Xx

It is less, dependent on your companies package, he got about £3500 instead of £12,000 :( so quite a difference, but like you we were worried he wouldn't get a penny. Make an appointment with citizens advice x

I'm currently on consultation. My company isn't going bust they're just restructuring.

I think i'll be ok and if not then they have to still pay me my Maternity Pay as a lump sum which will make things easier. It's crap timing though isn't it.

Hope everything works out for you

It is, just when you dont need the extra stress!!
Fingers x'd for you too
Xx

It is, just when you dont need the extra stress!!
Fingers x'd for you too
Xx

For me it doesn't help that all the meetings and assessments are scheduled from 1st July to 28th July.

Given my due date is 10th July I've struggled to get it through to them that I might be a tad busy to be coming into the office!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->