Damn you sense of smell and taste

sandyhen85

Reaction score
So I live in Thailand and one of my favourite dishes to cook is pad Thai, been thinking about it for days so decided to cook it for OH and I tonight. Half way through cooking the smell was really starting to coming alive and instead of the 'omg it smells great' reaction I normally get, I got 'omg it smells awful'. I asked OH to smell it and he said it was prefect. Well, I decided the taste had to be better, so I finished cooking and dished it up. First mouthful and I thought 'yuk what is this, it tastes like somethings mouldy' OH is next to me scoffing it down, making yummy noises. Im now stuck eating sliced cucumber and plain bread because I just couldn't force it down haha.

I am 9weeks today and very fortunate because I havent been sick (touch wood) and I have to agree with everything that I have read about plain foods being the best thing to eat during the nauseous period everything just seems to taste 'off'

Anyone else getting severely disappointed with their sense of taste and/or smell?

Frustrating that I can smell every food smell possible. All the horrible ones, like the bin and the sink. Makes me feel sick more than anything.

Taste hasn't been affected too much x

I know that feeling, I too can smell everything. I'm sure everyone at work will guess soon because I smell the slightest bad thing and no one else can lol

It's been my biggest torture , smell of coffee kills me and everything chemical , my mother in law stayed this weekend and couldn't stand any of the products she used
i felt horrible the whole time she was here. Her perfumes and creams (all expensive stuff )smelled like poison to me ..
i use organic skin and house products for years now so i guess that made it worst as I am not used to smell big brand creams or perfumes anymore...
good thing is that my husband ( also uses organic products) and kittens smell lovely to me .. Is just the chemicals i cant stand ..

I also must add (TMI )i cant stand my own armpit smell , i need to wash 2 times a day otherwise it smells like strong onion \posion , i woke up last night at 5 am and had to apply Weleds lemon scent deo there
i woke up from the smell making me sick.. !!
Horror!!

Alita what a nightmare to have to spend the whole weekend around smells you can't stand. I have two guys at work (this is terrible), but their breath right now is torture for me. I'm trying to avoid talking to them haha

How odd that you seem to be smelling yourself more, but at least you can be sure you're clean :) Not sure if you can get it where you are, but I use a green roll on by mitchum and its great at ensuring you don't have any body odor.

How far gone are you? Hopefully mine will calm down in a few weeks as I'm nearing the 12 week mark yey

Sandy..thanks for the deo tip ..Ahaaha that's hilarious anout the breath men .. Maybe you can bring some mints and offer them discretely ..?

I am only 7 weeks , fearing its getting slowly worse , i am very happy to be feeling PG symptoms on the other hand as my first Pg ended in miscarriage last year and i didn't have any of these sympoms , actually i didn't have sympoms at all but hunger .
At least i feel like i am pregnant ..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->