Dark brown spotting 5.5 weeks

seabump

Reaction score
This morning I noticed dark brown spotting (similar to end of period). It was gone after a couple of wipes, but I am really afraid. I called my doctor's office and they said to keep an eye on it for a couple of days as a number of things could be causing it. Has this happened to anyone else around 5-6 weeks? Could it be due to intercourse a couple of nights ago? I'm really concerned :(

Brown is old blood from my understanding , so it's probably just a bit of breakthrough bleeding. I had some red spotting immediately following sex early on (6/7 weeks) but never days later and my midwife said it's just the extra blood flow down there during pregnancy. If it turns red or picks up put on a pad and watch how much you're loosing. Unfortunately if it is the beginning of a loss there isn't anything the dr can do but my mom as well as many other people I know have had several bleeds through out early pregnancy that were perfectly normal.

More common than not. Had it this time and last xx

Happened to me on Sunday and I cried buckets. Scan yesterday showed everything is as expected for this gestation and no sign of impending miscarriage. My morning sickness kicked in today so I've a feeling this baby is just fine and the brown spotting was just one of those things x

i did not ever have spotting of red, brown, or pink in my pregnancy but at 5 weeks, i spotted twice on different days a very pale/tan color with my cm. the first time was caused by my uterus growing and the spotting was very small amounts but was on my pantiliner and when i wiped. second time was caused by sexual activity and it resulted in very large spots on my pantiliner and when i wiped and it lasted all day long following the activity. it did not fill up my pantiliner, but i changed even more frequently to stay feeling fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->