Dateline NBC and Dr. Wakefield (US only I think)

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
Did anyone watch him on there tonight? I recorded it and am watching now

Just thought I would add, not looking for a debate, just wondering who saw it and what you thought. For those who couldn't watch it was them talking to him about what he "found" and then also showing all of his "conflicts of interest". Just wondering what everyone thought of it.

Also just want to add that my choice to not vaccinate has VERY VERY little to do with the MMR/Autism so none of this effects our decision I'm just curious what everyone else's thoughts are on it after seeing this stuff.

I'm putting this here as it seems usually we can discuss things without the debates and attacks so I'm hoping this is the same, please don't make this a debate about whether or not you should vaccinate

Awwww. I can't watch it and it sounds really interesting!!xxxx

I don't think we can see it over here which is a shame as it sounds interesting :(

I'm UK but very interested!!! What did he say?

He was explaining that he never said not to vaccinate or that the vaccines were dangerous to all kids. But that in certain kids the measles portion doesn't get flushed out by the body and embeds itself into the digestive tract and it "eats" through the walls, it causes some kind of infection, and then stuff is released through that into the body that effects the brain. I'm probably explaining it horribly lol, but that was mainly what he said.

Then they were talking to another guy who was talking about how Dr. Wakefield had applied for a patent (I believe) for a single measles vaccine which in the application it said something like "will be safer than then MMR". He filed that before his research on autism/mmr was published. And that all of the kids involved in his research were involved in a court case against the makers of MMR. He also wasn't an independent researcher, he was working as a paid expert in that case against the makers of the MMR. He was being paid for 2yrs before the research was published too.

Then they were talking about how him and another guy have some practice here treating an autism-digestive disease that no other gastro drs recognize. He has lost his medical license though but I went to bed and haven't watched that part yet. But they say that he has had some good results from the treatments at that practice.

Dr. Wakefield denies that he hid all those "conflicts of interest" that the Lancet knew before they published his research, though they said if they had known everything it would have never been published. Who knows really, I just thought it was really interesting to have it all presented there in one place. Doesn't change my views on any of it, I've never thought that the MMR was dangerous to all kids, but that there is something already in certain kids bodies that is "awakened" or something like that, some underlying issue, when given the MMR. I do think that parents know their kids and there are some kids that are effected, fine one day and gone the next. But then there are also kids born that way and it doesn't start to show as much until they are around 1-2...but I think there are parents that after they know can look back and see some signs they missed at the time.

How interesting. I've been reading Dr Richard Halvorsen's book 'The Truth About Vaccines' as I'm trying to decide what to do (George hasn't had any jabs yet).
I think it's quite sad what happened to (Dr) Wakefield :(
He was just presenting what he found.
I have to say, I do get the impression he was used as a scape goat :( it was easier to blame him and call him wrong, than to admit that clinical trials were showing 'unusual' results.

The links with bowel disease make me really unnerved. My boy had already spent weeks being investigated for tummy trouble. The nasty things they had to do to him are nor something I want to repeat in a hurry....

Yeah I mean it's hard to know who to trust, at this point Dr. Wakefield has nothing to lose, he isn't being paid to find anything against the MMR or anything so he could easily retract just as everyone else. I don't know. But it's def a bit concerning and something to atleast think about.

Another good vaccine book is the one by Dr. Sears, maybe it could help you out too

yeah, I trust the parents too. An it's not just a random nut job, it a group of people. If my baby had a vaccine and was her prior to that and post the vaccine she changed I would KNOW it was VERY LIKELY the vaccine that did it and no matter what the doctors, or the medical community or society at large, or scientists had to say about it, you'd know what happened.

You may doubt yourself but when there's a group of people then it just seems pretty certain. They don't have interests beyond their kids well being (and perhaps the well being of other kids) and I seriously doubt all these parents are kooky, or evil, or greedy. All of them? In regards to their kids? It just doesn't make sense.

I don't understand why he's lost his medical licence? Did they go into that at all?

Yeah they do, I just haven't got around to watching it, the kids have been up all day, I'll watch it when they go to bed

MSNBC have the full episode on their website now :thumbup:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

I'll have to watch it later when Emma isn't trying to type on the keyboard while BFing :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->