Dates confusion

Lol seriously? I'm exactly 18 weeks now. As you should be too according to your lmp. So wth!!

Uggggghhhhhh I had a long response written but hit the wrong button and lost it, so I will properly respond to you Marumi in a little!!

But for now. just spoke with the nurse at my OB. They have my EDD at April 21st, NOT the 22nd like I was initially told, which clears up half my confusion!! But they have me at 18w1d with a LMP of 7/16 which still puts me one day pregnant the day before my LMP, so still halfway confused lol
*facepalm*

Okay so this has been bugging me, so I used the due date calculator on 'countdownmypregnancy', and if I put in your actual LMP then it comes up with EDD of 22nd April. It runs on the typical 28 days in a cycle calculation. So by using the day before actual EDD it brings up the 21st April. I'm guessing that's what your docs have done to get the EDD to match the 21st.

with my LMP my EDD should be April 21st with me being 18 weeks even today

I was initially told my EDD was April 22nd which had me due at 40w1d so that clears up half of my confusion
The other half stems from my gestation. They have me at 18w1d which puts my "first day of pregnancy on 7/15 and me 40w on April 20

Don't use a due date calculator. Count on a calendar and you'll understand my confusion

I've had this exact problem and it has stemmed from the leap year. Even my EDD on 12 week scan report dated me at 12+4 due 17th April but if you counted back from 40 weeks on 17th April it was a different gestation x

with my LMP my EDD should be April 21st with me being 18 weeks even today

I was initially told my EDD was April 22nd which had me due at 40w1d so that clears up half of my confusion
The other half stems from my gestation. They have me at 18w1d which puts my "first day of pregnancy on 7/15 and me 40w on April 20

Don't use a due date calculator. Count on a calendar and you'll understand my confusion

Okay, just trying to get it straight, are your cycles usually less than 28 days? Cause it's the only thing that could possibly make sense going by your dates.

I really don't know why I didn't think of it before earlier on in your thread, as DS was conceived on a 26 day cycle which my doctor completely ignored when I was being referred to antenatal, so they were placing my EDD 2 days behind what I actually was until my first scan which matched up exactly to my 26 day cycle. After the scan here the LMP date is just ignored.

I'm pretty sure that it's the doctors obsession with automatically going by 28 day cycles which has caused all the confusion. I'm really surprised that they didn't put your scan result as the official EDD.

I've had this exact problem and it has stemmed from the leap year. Even my EDD on 12 week scan report dated me at 12+4 due 17th April but if you counted back from 40 weeks on 17th April it was a different gestation x

I remember your thread about that way too well. Did it ever get sorted out?

Brought it up at consultant appt and when they did it on wheel it was different to scan and my dates which left us all confused. I have decided to just be at peace with the EDD haha its only 2 days diff to my calculations, i'm having a VBA2C but they will allow me full 2 weeks over so not a biggie. This lady's circumstances I would be a little more concerned when it comes to induction x

Brought it up at consultant appt and when they did it on wheel it was different to scan and my dates which left us all confused. I have decided to just be at peace with the EDD haha its only 2 days diff to my calculations, i'm having a VBA2C but they will allow me full 2 weeks over so not a biggie. This lady's circumstances I would be a little more concerned when it comes to induction x

I can understand the worry, I was induced due to GD with DS. If I get again then I'll be lucky if they let me go until my due date. Still don't know if they'll let me try a VBAC, and if I do reach my due date then I'll likely be forced into a c-section.

Just checked back on my post

Scan was on 6th Oct (Tuesday)
Due date is 17th April (Sunday) yet dated me 12+4 on that Tuesday 6th Oct lol x

Yay, we now have the same due date, except I was dated correctly as 12+3 on that Wednesday 7th Oct :haha:

After finding out that my EDD is Actually April 21st makes sense with my LMP. But my weeks don't.

Day one of pregnancy (according to docs and using LMP to date the pregnancy) is day one of your last period. Mine was 7/16 but counting back 18 weeks from yesterday (when they had me at 18w0d) you get 7/15. How the hell?!?

That was a dating scan? It could be simply because that's literally what the baby measured. The crown to rump measurement. Babies grow at different rates, so you'd expect baby to measure a certain gestation based off LMP, but if they grow a bit quicker, or a bit slower, their actual measurement would be slightly different on the scan record.

My whole pregnancy so far, the baby has measured 4 days bigger than expected. She must be growing quicker or I ovulated early. Based on my LMP I expect a specific gestation age but it's always off. Maybe that's why you were measured at 12+4 instead of what you were expecting based off your LMP.

Uggggghhhhhh I had a long response written but hit the wrong button and lost it, so I will properly respond to you Marumi in a little!!

But for now. just spoke with the nurse at my OB. They have my EDD at April 21st, NOT the 22nd like I was initially told, which clears up half my confusion!! But they have me at 18w1d with a LMP of 7/16 which still puts me one day pregnant the day before my LMP, so still halfway confused lol
*facepalm*

Okay so this has been bugging me, so I used the due date calculator on 'countdownmypregnancy', and if I put in your actual LMP then it comes up with EDD of 22nd April. It runs on the typical 28 days in a cycle calculation. So by using the day before actual EDD it brings up the 21st April. I'm guessing that's what your docs have done to get the EDD to match the 21st.

My cycles are 29 days and very exact, I always bleed in the evening...how does that change things? :wacko:
I went 2 1/2 weeks over last time because the doctors had a different date and needed and emergency C-Section (Placenta gave up). I would really like to avoid that :( Like what if my body does not go into labor again for some reason..doctors even tried to bring on contractions but nothing.

Cycle length has no effect on EDD from LMP so I'm confused too lol :shrug: you just gotta count 40 weeks from first day of last period. I do no see how cycle length can change anything.

When using a due date calculator maybe. But using LMP ... It's just counting lol

Cycle length has no effect on EDD from LMP so I'm confused too lol :shrug: you just gotta count 40 weeks from first day of last period. I do no see how cycle length can change anything.

When using a due date calculator maybe. But using LMP ... It's just counting lol

Of course it does. According to my LMP I'm about 7 weeks along and due on the 8th of July. My cycle was a long one with ovulation on cycle day 35 though, so I am actually only 4 weeks and 2 days along and due on the 27th of July. I've never been able to go from LMP as I have a long cycle.

EDD is 40 weeks from LMP. When using LMP to calculate EDD, cycle length has no effect as it's just counting to 40
as you said, you've never been able to go by LMP. (so your pregnancies are probably dated by an ultrasound)
OBs here use LMP and cycle length doesn't affect that

EDD is 40 weeks from LMP. When using LMP to calculate EDD, cycle length has no effect as it's just counting to 40
as you said, you've never been able to go by LMP. (so your pregnancies are probably dated by an ultrasound)

Wish they did that in the uk. My last period was 20th June, so 40 weeks from then should give me eed of 26th march, but my edd is 19th April. So I have no idea on that front :p

Oh but I did not have a period...hm. and going by conception it does not consider taking longer for implantation.

That makes no sense though. For example, with my son, my LMP was about the middle of November in 2009. Lets just say the 20th, for arguments sake. 40 weeks from then would have made my due date about August 27th 2010. But I ovulated on the 4th of March 2010 (a very long cycle) so my son would not be due on the 27th of August because of the long cycle. He was due on the 25th of November 2010.

I have dated my current pregnancy and my daughters by knowing when I ovulated, I don't think LMP is very accurate for long cycles. Are you trying to say I should think I am just over 7 weeks at the moment because of my LMP? I don't see how you don't see what I am saying. Cycle length certainly does change the EDD when you have long cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->