Dates don't add up

Chnima

Reaction score
I got my first Bfp on the 31st of July and when I went in for a scan earlier today my sonographer said I was 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant which means I got my BFP at 1 week and 4 days !! Things don't really add up not sure what's going on here .. According to my LMP I should have been 9 weeks pregnant as of today. Any one in a similar situation ? What have the outcomes been?

Hi
Unfortunately my experience of dates being that far out was not good,sorry.however,what did they see on scan?

Sorry forgot to say,is it possible you ovulated late?,and also was the sac etc the right size for dates?.scans can be around a week out either way,and sometimes more depending on circumstances,hoping for the best for you,what follow up are you getting?

The sac measured the right size and we did see a yolk sac and a fetal pole ..and said this is what we Should be seeing .. Also I'm not sure if the CRL is based on the fetal age or gestational age . When I went in for my bloods the first time my GP said that I was 1-2 weeks pregnant . Not sure what she meant .. According to that the baby measures fine . Also I have irregular cycles that vary between 31 - 36 days.

I recently had two ultrasounds that showed conflicting dates. The first one was fine, baby measured 8w1d which is about where I thought I was. Then nearly a week later I was traveling out of the state, had some bleeding so went in for another ultrasound. That sonographer measured that the baby had grown only 1mm in a week, with a very small gestational sac, and put the dates BEHIND even what the first one had been. I panicked for over a week, then finally yesterday went for a third ultrasound at yet another facility to clear things up. It was perfect, baby measuring spot on for expected dates. Basically, the previous one was just a fluke and the sonographer had mismeasured. Perhaps it doesn't happen often, but mistakes are possible. Hoping that the same may have happened for you and your next one will yield some better results!! :flower:

If you had ovulated late and implanted closer to 14 dpo could that help explain se of the discrepancies ? I read your other post and I'm confused too! Lol just trying to find a logical explaination . I suppose at the end of the day if your HCG levels are still good and rising and progress is being made developmentally then that would be a good thing ,no?

I really don't understand what's happening .. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next scan ..

Out for now. Hopefully will be back in a few months . Wish the other ladies here a happy & healthy pregnancy!

Out for now. Hopefully will be back in a few months . Wish the other ladies here a happy & healthy pregnancy!

So sorry Chnima :hugs: utterly devastating. Hope to see you back here really soon

I did, not that far out though, when I tested I got my positive what should have been a week late went for a scan thinking I was 13 weeks for them to tell me I was in my 11th week. they put me back 12 days. I have growth scans due to have small babies. but baby is on track with the dates they gave me. well almost on track, parts of him are a week behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->