Dates pushed back??

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if any ladies could offer me some advice. Had my scan today and I'm pleased to say all went well but I am a bit confused as I was pushed back from 6+1 to 5+4. I know it isn't a massive difference, I'm just confused as my dates are pretty spot on. I chart and temp and have done for years so know O date for sure. I'm just worried it means something isn't right with my little jellybean. I have been suffering with pretty horrible sickness, literally living on dry crackers and water and sometimes I struggle to keep that down. Could that be affecting little one? Think I'm just nervous now and next scan isn't for two weeks. I'm so fed up of being in a tww! Lol.

Just wanted to share my story - I thought I was at about & weeks. Went for first ultrasound and they said I was more like 5.5 weeks (only saw sac and yolk). Went for second ultrasound two weeks later days and it went perfect (baby and heartbeat) seen. So I am now 7.4 weeks.

Sometimes it just takes longer to implant then we think.

Best of luck!

Thank you! I am trying not to worry! Just difficult sometimes. They didn't see a heartbeat today for me either so fingers crossed I will see it at the next scan like you did! :)

I was pushed back 5 days. It's all about when you implanted :flower:

I was pushed back a full week at my first scan. Went from 10w2d to 9w2d. By my 18 week scan baby caught up.

Aww thanks ladies! 8th pregnancy and still so much I don't know. I feel lots better now :) gonna be a nervous wreck by the end of the first tri if I carry this up lol.

I was pushed back 10 days with my son and a week with this one, it's not a problem, just means baby implanted later, the measurement was a millimetre out or something. I wouldn't worry at all :) x

My first ultrasound was an emergency one because I had been spotting, and this was on 9Dec. I thought I was at 6/6+1 but found out I was actually 5+3 and they only saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac - no fetal pole. A week later I went back for another ultrasound (18Dec) and I was so scared - but then she showed me my little kidney bean. It also pushed my dates back by 1 more day - so 6 days total were pushed. However I am keeping my due date as the 5 days, not adding the extra day because it's 1 day. I just had an unexpected ultrasound on 13January at 10+3 and I saw a baby doing flips with fingers, toes, arms and legs! And a strong heartbeat.

As long as the baby isn't measuring a huge amount (12+) days behind they don't worry so I wouldn't either.

It really doesn't mean much. At my 12 week scan my LO was measuring 6 days behind, at my 20 week scan he was measuring a week ahead. Babies grow at different rates, there is also always a margin of error for measurement, so if you're inside the margin of error it means everything is perfectly normal, and as mentioned when baby implants can vary by as much as a week.

Thanks all! Feel much better knowing it's nothing to be concerned about!

Don't worry. I had this with DS1, DS2 and this one! All a few days out (4-5) even tho my ov date was 100% +/- 24hrs. By 8-10w they all caught up and then by 12-13w I had actually gained a few days! Xx

Fx my little one will catch up too then. Guess it's just getting me down that everyone (including my midwife) constantly remind me that the chances of me miscarrying are actually higher than the chance of the baby surviving. Making me a little paranoid. Thanks everyone for the reassurance!

Keep in mind they are measuring something that is less than 2cm long.. 1mm of embryo can mean the difference of +/- 3 days! It isn't always a perfectly exact measurement.

I originally changed all my dates to reflect my scanned date of 5 days behind my original, and then thought No! I know my LMP. I know when I ovulated and had my implantation dip. I charted every single day, every single temp. So I went back to my original dates, knowing even if I AM 5 days behind, when you're talking about an EDD, only 5% of babies are born on their actual due date, so what's the big deal?

It's not the due date I'm worried about really. More that if my lo is measuring behind, combined with the slightly low hcg count that it's a sign something may be wrong. The epu didn't seem worried but after 7 losses and everyone telling me that the chance of me miscarrying again is so high, I guess i tend to look into things too much as much as I try not too :( still I feel a lot more relaxed about it now.

At 6 weeks I measured 5+2
At 6+4 I measured 5+6
By 7+4 I was measuring 7+5! Been measuring ahead since then by 2-3 days

Baby is so small it can make it difficult to get a good view and proper measurement so sometimes measures smaller than you expect but soon catches up!

:flow:

It's not the due date I'm worried about really. More that if my lo is measuring behind, combined with the slightly low hcg count that it's a sign something may be wrong. The epu didn't seem worried but after 7 losses and everyone telling me that the chance of me miscarrying again is so high, I guess i tend to look into things too much as much as I try not too :( still I feel a lot more relaxed about it now.

I didn't mean the big deal for you :) I meant what would be the big deal for me keeping my original EDD! I don't want to have come across as rude at all :flower:

No no you didn't! You were very helpful! I know I'm being utterly daft and probably coming across as totally paranoid. I mean it's only a few days. But my crazy mind is overthinking things! Lol. I really appreciate all the reassurance from everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->