Dating Scan - First Scan

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
I have just received a letter for my dating scan and it is booked in when I turn 16 weeks. Am I right in thinking this is probably a little too late?

MummytoBe - I'm from the same place as you - west Yorkshire.

Oh yeah, you from Leeds :) I live in halifax so I'm close :)

I would ask your mid wife about that. It should be 12 weeks

I think I might call the hospital on Tuesday and make them aware of how late it is.

That is waay late.

Are you having testing for downs? If so the scan should be between 11 and 14 weeks as this is when the base of baby's neck is still transparent.

I would ring your midwife xx

My dating scan paperwork was given to me by my doctor after I reported my pregnancy to him- it ended up being 6w5d when I actually got the scan. I am in Canada.

I have a second scan booked for 11 weeks, and a third for 20.

cut off for dating / NT scan is 14w1d. you deffo need to call someone.

My first scan in the hospital was at 16 weeks so it's definitely the norm in some places! With that being said, my local GP did a scan at 11 weeks on Christmas Eve so I could relax over Christmas!

very late, in uk should be around 12 as thats when its easiest to measure for EDD x

Cheers everyone. I'll call the hospital tomorrow and try to get it changed.

I spoke to the hospital antenatal booking people and explained that my first scan wasn't booked in until i was 16 weeks. The lady told me a lot of people aren't getting their first scans until 15/16 weeks in Leeds because its so busy at the moment so there is nothing they can do. I told her this wasn't good enough because I want the downs testing to be done. Anyway after a long discussion I have managed to get it moved to 13 weeks.

Much better :)

So glad you got it bumped, I bet you can't wait to see your little bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->