Dating Scan

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I am not 100% sure on dates due to conceiving whilst on the Pill. I had a proper AF on 6th Jan which is when I changed to the Mini pill. I then had a bleed in Feb and think I had one at the beginning of March, but didnt make a note :blush:

Anyway, when I did a Digital one it said 1-2 weeks since conception. I think I am therefore 4 weeks 5 days. The midwife says I will have a dating scan, I am seeing her for the first time on 21st April. Has anyone been in my position? I just wondered when I would get a scan? I am in West Yorkshire if anyone else is, to compare midwifery care.
I am just desperate to see the bean, I can't stop thinking that all of a sudden I just wont be PG any more.
Sorry for rabbling!!!

I'm in the same position. I'm guessing I'm 5-6 weeks but not completely positive due to pill troubles. Have doc's appointment next week but they didn't mention anything about me getting a dating scan.

Am also constantly worried in case everything stops moving forward but I'm trying to keep myself as (safely) busy as possible so I don't dwell too much!

Dating scans are usually done when you between 10-14 weeks depending on you healthcare provider. My dating scan is the 22nd april and i will be 13w3d xx

hope this helps :hugs:

Thankyou Ladies. I am hoping for one at about 8 weeks... I shall ask at appointment in April :thumbup::headspin:

I'm also unsure of my dates as my February period was only 2 days long and not as heavy as usual. So I'm not 100% sure if I'm 6 weeks, or 10 lol! I had my MW appointment on Friday and she said that she'd contact the hospital to get a dating scan done as soon as possible because the Nuchal scan needs to be done between 11 and 13+6 weeks. So if I am 10 weeks now then the Nuchal scan needs to be booked pretty quick hehe!

I'm also unsure of my dates as my February period was only 2 days long and not as heavy as usual. So I'm not 100% sure if I'm 6 weeks, or 10 lol! I had my MW appointment on Friday and she said that she'd contact the hospital to get a dating scan done as soon as possible because the Nuchal scan needs to be done between 11 and 13+6 weeks. So if I am 10 weeks now then the Nuchal scan needs to be booked pretty quick hehe!

Thank you. This is the same as me. I hope they get me a dating scan, and then still a nucal scan after that. I reckon I am probably 5 weeks, but there is a small chance I could be nearer 8 .
Good Luck with getting yours :hug:

I was told by my hospital that first scans are done between 10 and 14 weeks - I hope this helps. 8 weeks might be too early!!

Thanks. My cousin had a dating scan at 8 weeks as she didnt know her dates. I am gonna ask, can't hurt too! Dont think I can bare to wait another 7 weeks! I am very impatient .
Mind you when I had my first son you didnt get a scan until 20 weeks and I managed to wait :rofl:

They will not usually give you an earlier scan unless you have had bleeding ect, even then they are funny about giving them out? Also if you were to have an earlier dating scan, there is every possiblity you wont get one at 12 weeks (at the normal time) if you know what i mean??

xx

Im the same, but am unsure as to how to work it out, my last period was only like 2 days and was roughly the middle of feb, when i did a digital test on the 29th of march it said 2-3 weeks, so im a bit confused by it all.
I have a scan on thursday so hopefully they can shed some light

They will not usually give you an earlier scan unless you have had bleeding ect, even then they are funny about giving them out? Also if you were to have an earlier dating scan, there is every possiblity you wont get one at 12 weeks (at the normal time) if you know what i mean??

xx

yes, I see. I dont want to miss out on the 12 week ish one! Thankyou . I think I shall just wait and see xx

Im the same, but am unsure as to how to work it out, my last period was only like 2 days and was roughly the middle of feb, when i did a digital test on the 29th of march it said 2-3 weeks, so im a bit confused by it all.
I have a scan on thursday so hopefully they can shed some light

Good Luck with your scan! :hug:

I have my dating scan on thursday, i think i'm about 10+2 as i thought i had my last period on 25th of jan, but arent exactly sure because it was only a small amount of blood..so could be anything between 10 and 14 weeks haha! cant wait to find out :D xxx

Well I had the date thru yesterday for my dating scan.. 17th November when I'll be either nearly 8 weeks or nearly 12 weeks. My MW said that I'll still get my nuchal scan too as they want to do blood tests etc.
I guess if I'm nearly 12 weeks, they might do the whole nuchal scan and bloods there and then rather than call me back?

my dateing scan is to be done on the 21st of april and i cnt wait lol i will be about 11 weeks :happydance:

Went to see the Midwife and told her my LMP predicament! She said she will put query Feb LMP on the Scan request then I can get one in the next couple of weeks. She said if I am further behind than that and we cant see much she will request a further one!

Exciting, so I shall just wait to hear, luckily here you can be scanned at the hospital or the health center and apparently that means there are more appointment slots, so waiting time is never too long :happydance::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->