Dating ultrasound dates are off? And yolk sac is small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMcRayRay

Reaction score
Okay so I understand dates can be off because of late ovulation. Which I did ovulate late. I went when I was supposed to be 9 weeks 3 days estimated based on LMP. The ultrasound dated me at 8 weeks 5 days. Which was 2 days later then I expected because based on when I had implantation bleeding and then when I got my first bfp. It just seems wrong. I had a transabdominal ultrasound and she was able to see the baby decently. Could the dating be off because it was transabdominal ultrasound instead of trasvaginal so early on.

Another concern of mine was that the yolk sac was measuring 7 weeks 5 days so a week behind the baby. Could that be because the transabdominal ultrasound as well. The tech said she wasn't really worried about it and I should lose sleep over it but I'm just worried about miscarriage. The heartbeat was strong at 171 BPM so she said everything looked great baby was nice and high in the uterus. I'm just paranoid I guess. Any input would be greatly appreciated

i have heard that vaginal ultrsounds earlier are more accurate

I also measured behind - 7&2 at 7&6. No idea why that is. Also, how do you know how many weeks the yolk sack is? My reports only date the baby.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about :)

I measured a week behind at 8 weeks, and then at my 12 week scan I had caught up again :) don't worry about it. I don't think think they're very accurate at that stage.

I had a scan two weeks ago and was put at 4 weeks, ( impossiable as we saw baby,hb and sac) then a scan 2 days ago that put me at 8 weeks! I think they normally wait until 12 weeks as thats the first time they can really get a decent grip on measuring it correctly! its only a mm or two that can throw dates off earlier !

All sounds fine to me? Measuring a few days different where and there is nothing. Wait till you are further along and some body parts are weeks ahead and some weeks behind :).

Okay so I understand dates can be off because of late ovulation. Which I did ovulate late. I went when I was supposed to be 9 weeks 3 days estimated based on LMP. The ultrasound dated me at 8 weeks 5 days. Which was 2 days later then I expected because based on when I had implantation bleeding and then when I got my first bfp. It just seems wrong. I had a transabdominal ultrasound and she was able to see the baby decently. Could the dating be off because it was transabdominal ultrasound instead of trasvaginal so early on.

Another concern of mine was that the yolk sac was measuring 7 weeks 5 days so a week behind the baby. Could that be because the transabdominal ultrasound as well. The tech said she wasn't really worried about it and I should lose sleep over it but I'm just worried about miscarriage. The heartbeat was strong at 171 BPM so she said everything looked great baby was nice and high in the uterus. I'm just paranoid I guess. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Hi we are also measuring 2 weeks behind on yolk sac only and everything else is the same and seems ok .... Did you end up having your baby?

I’ve heard a lot of stories measuring behind and then at the 12wk scan they catch up xx

This is a very old thread. If you start your own thread you will get more responses.
Good luck and I hope you get a good outcome <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back