Dating websites yes or no?

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
I wanna get out there now.. :(

Anyone had success?

I dunno if I'm too young for them? ... I'm 21 .. Is it better for people a bit older?

Xx

Big yes here! I met my husband on a dating website when we were 23. We are now married with a beautiful daughter :)

I met FOB online but wouldnt go online again. If you want to try to avoid the free sites as thats where the nutters usually are lol. Try match or eharmony ones you pay for as your more likely to meet guys who actually want a relationship instead of an occasional hookup (depending on what your looking for) x

Why not, anything is worth a try! Just be careful and if you turn out to like someone meet in a public place and alert your friend's / family where you will be.

I'm skeptical, although I know some people have met on a variety of dating sites. I think they are mostly good you just really have to watch out for red flags. For example, my ex was on a dating site WHILE we were together.. Yea.. :haha: the poor girls had no idea! As long as you're careful I think they are good to meet people you wouldn't otherwise :)

I met my husband on Lavalife when I was 23 and he was 29.

21 is young but I'm sure all the other guys your age (or a bit older, I would probably recommend lol because 21 year old male and female tend to be on different levels iykwim) are using them too.

I would recommend a PAY site and not a free site. You will find people that are more serious about a relationship, rather than just fishing around (yes that's a hint towards a certain free site that has a lot of jokers on it...)

My sister has just started trying these, she is 27 or 28 (I can't remember :blush: )

She has been on a couple of dates already and seems to be enjoying it. I think she was a little put off by trying them at first but seems to have changed her mind rather fast.

Yes. My sister met her now husband online and they are one of the happiest couples I know. She would have just turned 22 when they met 8 years ago. Be safe xx

Thanks ladies, I'm not really interested in guys my age anyway :haha: x

My husband and I met on Myspace (cringe I know) back in 2007 and we're going strong. I know that's not a dating site but it proves that internet love works!

Yes! One of my best friends got married last year to a guy she met on an internet dating site.

As other posters have said, if you do meet anyone make sure you are safe -tell lots of people where and when you are meeting, keep it in public places and ask people to check that you got home safely.

Good luck!

My mum has gone onto match and she has had SOOOOOOOOO many of these money laundering scammers message her. I'd be aware of those types, they generally don't have much a profile, no picture, bad grammar and will try and pull you away from the dating site to an instant messaging service instead. She's had three blokes with different names send her the same pictures! It's quite funny but some people do fall for their "charm".

I met my OH online (world of warcraft, of all places) so meeting someone online does work :D

Ive been chatting online (the free site where people like to fish lol) and some TOTAL NUTTERS on there lol. I do plan to join match but going to wait til im definitely ready (want to lose weight lol) before paying.x

My mum has gone onto match and she has had SOOOOOOOOO many of these money laundering scammers message her. I'd be aware of those types, they generally don't have much a profile, no picture, bad grammar and will try and pull you away from the dating site to an instant messaging service instead. She's had three blokes with different names send her the same pictures! It's quite funny but some people do fall for their "charm".

My mom married one in 2009.... long story. He's still in Africa :roll: Some women are so dumb.

A massive Yes from me! OH and I met on Match :). I was also on Dating Direct for a bit before Match. Both seemed decent sites but I preferred Match. I would agree to use the paying sites. I've never used any of the free ones but would imagine more chance of nutters/guys after one thing on those

My Mum used one and she has met a GREAT guy. I didn't like him after our first meeting because I thought he had a bad attitude about teen mums but it was just a case of he didn't know how to react about it and we get on really well and he is great with Aden. It is still really early days for them but it is nice to see that my Mum is obviously in love with somebody again. She used Plenty of Fish I think? And my sister has just joined as well and she is only 20.

Just a point- I find men (ie boys) who are only looking for one thing pretty easy to weed out- and I go for older men, so it isn't a case of "it is people my age". I'm sure if you got talking to someone you would eventually find yourself in receipt of indecent photos etc.

I met DH on a free dating site and we were both 18 at the time! He's amazing. I'd deffo recommend it! You can always weed out the creeps from the serious guys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->