Daughter - Head Injury

OMG I would be furious!!!! For one at the hospital and for two at the landlord, who has no right telling you what you can and cannot put in your area. I would get the safety gate anyways and put it up and if they say anything tell them to kiss your butt and it's a safety issue that you will not put your daughter threw that again. As for the hospital I would call someone in charge and tell them what happened while you were there and raise hell!

Is there another hospital that you could go to? If not I would take her to the doctor ASAP and see what they think you should do.

omg thats scary-- i dont know how i would have handled that myself---since he started crawling he has been trying to stand up which he does quite well when he holds on to stuff but he is more prone to going head first and hitting his head might not be too far off --- kids are so accident prone--

Has the dad been back on line? seems odd to post that and then never come back on, just a bit odd. Hope the baby was ok in the end.

hey. just seen this thread. i work in a childrens hospital accident and emergency department as a staff nurse.

1. the child would have had a set of observations straight away.

2. the child would not have been waiting 2 hours to be seen! that is a significant mechanism for a 13month old!!

3. we cannot xray skulls unless under 1 year old, however a ct should have been arranged of there was cause for concern.

4. the child should have had 15-30 min observations whilst in the dept, with a medium threshold for admission.

what they experienced is disgraceful.

hope shes alright

xxxx

if u av an out of hours prctice id take er there n explain keep us posted on how ur little girl is

Ok, i have been busy these last few days. I had her to A&E a few hours after making this thread. I'd like to thank you all for your replies.

So, a few hours after making this thread, i still wasnt able to sleep. At about 5am. I went and checked on her and she had been sick everywhere. It was all over her cot and her face. I dont know how my partner slep through it!

To cut a long story short, our local hopsital admitted her for 3 days.

A CT scan was performed that night. There were adament she was ok, but after i refused to leave the nurses desk and got a bit histerical, a scan was done. However, no problems were shown thankfuly.

But they did keep her in for 3 days for observation. They put the put the vominting down to the concusion, which they said had caused dehydration, amongst toehr minor problems.

I am so annoyed, because of the hospitals lack of support in the first place, if i didnt check on her when i did she could have choked!

The doctor who first looked at here need a good kick.

But the good news is, she seems fine now =) Her brusies are going down, i have fitted a safety gate, against my landlords will :D (he doesnt know yet).

..and today she had her MMR Injection.. which has also scared me. She had a bannana at about 9pm tonight, and immediatly after she started projectile vomiting.

I called NHS Direct, they said its just a reaction, but i refuse to listen to them. Straight to the GP in the morning.

Thank you for the update. I was starting to worry! I'm glad that she's doing better but I hope that the rest of it gets better soon. I can't imagine getting a response like that from the doctor at a hospital and I would flip on them if I knew something else was wrong. I'm glad that you demanded more to be done. It's the only way to get them moving sometimes. Give her a :hugs: for me

Oh, thanks for the update Carl!!!!! Im glad to hear that she was ok, albeit a little bit beat up!!!!!

Why would she vomit after eating a banana? I think you are doing the right thing by checking her out with another doctor again. With a second opinion you can put your mind at ease. Good luck.

Good on you for going back and demanding more tests, and I am pleased they kept her in this time, even though it must have been traumatic for you all. :hugs:

Oh, and well done for installing the stairgate. Stuff what the landlord says.

:nope: holy crap :( the poor little baby....hugs for you all, how is your gf doing? 10 months pg :shock: remind me not to ever be pregnant where you live!:D

Iv'e been a bit busy with work, so i havn;t been able to reply.
10 months pg remind me not to ever be pregnant where you live!

Lol, i mean 9 months pregnant XD, ten months and im scared lol. Were having a Boy, still to decide on a name though. Well i havn;t, she wants to call him Alfie, i don't like it lol.

Thanks for your support and replies.
Carl

Wow, I'm glad that everything turned out alright in the end hun xXx I thought you meant ten months as in going off 4 week months, so basically ready to pop lol xXx

Aye I would either fix the gate myself and just worry about the landlord later (whats he going to do take your deposit for fixing something?) or explain to him that because of the gate your daughter has suffered a serious head injury and needed hospital treatment... that should get him to take it more seriously!

Deffo go down to your GP asap. Even if it's just to be assured that she's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->