Day 1 is today!! ( And a question ??)

monkers1984

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Becky 29, and today is the start of the new me!!! I'm a mummy to two children a daughter aged 8 and a son aged 15 months!

I have been a dieter for years but this time there's no going back. I've sorted out all my clothes today n I have drawers full of brand new clothes all too small for me n now I live in leggings n tops!! I feel so embarrassed about the way I look -- I try to avoid looking at myself in mirrors because I'm so disgusted.

I don't know why but my mental image of myself is so different to what the mirror portrays??!!! And that's where the problems start because I never feel as big as I look but as soon as I see a photo etc I'm shocked!!! So I'm going to look at myself everyday as a reminder of the mess my body is in. Another problem is I am so hungry all the time - I am still breast feeding my little boy as he has a dairy allergy and we haven't been able to find a suitable alternative and breast feeding makes me soooooo hungry!!!

My plan is to do slimming world I was successful on this before, along with walking as much as I can and going on my exercise bike (when I get the chance). I've just been on my bike n tomorrow I will call Slimmingworld to attend my first group on Thursday.

My question is has anybody tried acupuncture to lose weight??? As I'm considering doing this alongside Slimmingworld and more excercise?

I've had acupuncture before for pain relief and it was always beneficial but I'm not sure regarding weightloss and I want to check before I splash the cash???

Any experiences would be great -- I don't know how much I weigh as when I'm being naughty I avoid the scales but I know I will have in the region of 5 stone to lose!! I will weigh in the morning and update tomorrow.

Any body who would like to join please do as this will be a long hard road and I will help support others too!! But I will get there this time I'm so determined x x

Ok well I've had a good day today, stayed on target I've been out for 2 walks and will be going on my exercise bike shortly. I didn't get chance to call SW today but will do tomorrow.

I weighed myself on the dreaded scales and I'm 270lbs which makes me wanna cry but at the same time has put my motivation firmly in place.

I think I'm going to give acupuncture a go??? I would be really grateful if anyone has any thoughts or opinions. I live around skinny people who have no idea how hard this can be and sometimes I feel so alone!!

Would love anyone to join me x

Just to add my goal is 100lbs to lose -- so a nice round figure to get started on!!! x

Hey Hun,

Well first of all hi :)

I've never tried acupuncture before so I wouldn't know Hun, I've also never commented in this forum before, but I've started a new me too I've joined slimming world today I've got around 4 stone to lose for me to be happy with my weight again, just also don my first fitness session and 40 min bike ride, I was so disgusted how out of breath I was so unfit it's unreal, I'm also looking for support or a buddy to keep me motivated and some one who can support and I can support, I hope all goes well for you Hun and you get to your target and start to feel happy with ya self again :) good luck xxx

Hi,

Thanks for commenting was starting to feel a bit lonely lol!!! Have you done slimming world before?? Are u going to the meetings or doing it online??

I've just been on my exercise bike I did 18km which I'm pleased with but omg do my legs ache lol!!! x

Hi yes I have about 6 months ago lost a stone but put it back on, I'm starting to go to the meetings Hun I've also got a personal trainer (it's my sister lol) she is a female boxer training for the GB Olympics in 2016 in rio, so she is real strict on me, I did a 40 min bike ride and a 20 min work out I'm aching too lol, that's fab Hun do you use a bike at home?

My aim is to lose all my weight and train for the white coller boxing next year for charity and hopefully I'm going to take part in the cancer research marathon too so I've set myself a lot of goals :)
Xx

Wow soooooo jealous that your sister is you personal trainer -- but good for you having lots of goals I think it really helps to have things to aim for. I have done SW before aswell and I was successful but went on holiday and well n truly fell off the wagon. I ride my bike at home - I would love to be out on a proper bike but its just not possible with the kids. I will be going on mine again in next few mins!! How's your day been?? What days are your SW meetings??

Well day 4 today and my motivation has definitely arrived!! I went to my SW meeting today so I'm back on track diet wise!!

Exercise - I've been on my exercise bike every night and I've cycled 76.7km in total over the 4 nights which is something like 47.6 miles!!! I'm going swimming tomorrow night so things are going great!!

I'm really gonna do this - this is my time!! Feeling so positive!! x

Well at the end of week 1 and after sticking to SW 100% since Thursday, acupunture on Friday and cycling 75miles on my exercise bike over the week I've lost 7lbs!!! Soooo happy!!! 93lbs to go!!

Thank you "I love shoes" -- feeling so positive I've been on my bike tonight again n beat my current record lol by doing 32km (19miles) I can believe how much easier its got just within a week of going on it every night except one!!! I feel so much better I feel lighter -- and have so much more energy even tho I'm doing loads more!! Hope u all have a great day tomorrow x

Thanks it's fab to get a good loss especially in the first week -- makes u realise its worth all the hard work!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->