Daycare Providers??

m_t_rose

Mommy of Jacob and Julia
Reaction score
Backstory- my SIL was my dental hygentist after a few months of going to the dentist she worked for my family decided to switch dentists because my dentist has a history of drilling too deep and causing people to need root canals. MY sil was pretty upset about this she thought she had switched because of her but I explained to her that we switched because of the dentist not her at all.

Ok so here is the story I am a daycare provider and 8 months ago my sister in law had a baby. During the past 8 months we have seen him as much as we could and have even babysat him a few times. My husband and I are really close with his sister. Last night I found out she was using a different daycare provider. I am pretty upset and hurt by this. My question is should I ask her why she didn't choose to use me or should I just let it go? Right now I want to cut her and her child out of my life but I know that wouldn't help anything, but we probably wont be nearly as close as we were.

maybe it's because she wants her lo to get used to other people. if that makes sense? im sure it has nothing to do with you or your abilities to look after her child. xx

Perhaps she is trying to get her LO to take to other people but I don't think that is a very effective way since it would only be getting her LO close to one other person and he would probably not be better at meeting new people altogether

Could be because she wants baby to be with a mix of people, being familular with not always being with Mummy, Daddy & family I think if I went for childcare I'd like it this way too!

Also I think if your childcare provider/childs parent was related it could create atmospheres and too may expectations, complications etc ...do you see what I'm saying?! Tam (one of our mods whos on a break at the moment) was doing this for her sisters kids & its caused problems ....

I think its healthier personally for you, your sil & the child to have a care provider not related. I think your SIL made the right move.

x

Well I phoned her to ask her why she didn't even ask me and she told me that she has had her place held at the daycare she is going with since before LO was born. I guess I was just hurt that she didn't even consider me and I thought that she thought I was too young or not good enough. Now that I know her reasons I am not hurt and actually glad that she is going with someone else because it could be a sticky situation if there was ever a problem. She is also going to be trying for another baby her LO is 8 months old so by the time I got him when he was 1 she could be pregnant and I would then only have him for a year before she takes another year off. So I guess in the end it turned out to be better for both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->