daytime naps (AGAIN)

Did I jinx myself? Chase was up later last night than he has ever and today he will not go down for a nap. :rofl:

I had to deal with max not taking any naps today hopefully he will sleep tonight

:rofl: No. She's been a right pill about it though, I spent most of the day holding her even when she wasn't sleeping.

:rofl: Hannah's slept most of the day

:rofl::rofl:

She's getting ready to give you a good night :)

J/K

Ever find that some days they just won't go down and then a few days later they seem to sleep all day to make up for the others?

Mine just went to sleep...........great, just before I have to buckle him into his car seat, pick up my kids and drive 25 minutes back and forth to London Drugs to get my keyboard. Will be a fun drive. LOL

Jasmine has a nap around 11-11:30 for an hour then again as 4-5 and she goes to bed (normally) at 9 sometimes a little later or like last night she wouldn't sleep full stop after 11pm

Khloe (older DD) co-slept with us up until the day I went in to deliver and we had the hardest time getting her to sleep alone at anytime. Before her sister was born she was a dream to get to sleep whether at night or for a nap. She was 100% happy on her own playing. Since Keira was born she fights us to nap despite tell tale signs she is tired, and fights us even more to go bed specially now that she is in a toddler bed and knows she can easily get out and get into stuff. I often find now that I need to tell her to come cuddle with me when she is acting tired and she will usually fall a sleep if let her rest her head on me and rub it. Keira naps whenever she feels like it, but she too will fight it and I usually end up having to nurse her and when she is almost asleep and removes her latch I have to rock her and hold her for a good 10-15 minutes before I can put her down. As for night sleeping with her I really think it depends on her mood, some nights she will take a bottle in her pack and play and pass out no problem on her own, other times she has to be in the bed snuggled up to myself or DH. I think the best option is if you know their tired signs to find something that works for both of you whether it is rocking them for some time, rubbing their head, nursing/bottle or just snuggling up.

:rofl: Hannah's slept most of the day

:rofl::rofl:

She's getting ready to give you a good night :)

J/K

Ever find that some days they just won't go down and then a few days later they seem to sleep all day to make up for the others?

well we got three hours of sleep than were up 2 hours and another 3 hours of sleep :rofl: so you were right

Tabs is sleeping the same times each day now!! give or take 10 mins or so!
Going from non sleeping baby to this.
We have a little routine now at nap times,tucking in with blanket and then dummy then if she fights it i rub a little bonjela on her gums and she is away with the dummy again.....seems to be really working now-ill prob jinx myself now!
She went from holding....to swinging chair....to sofa or swinging chair or buggy if im out now!
It did take a lot of running back and forward to her though. When you do the pick up etc technique leave the room so she cannot see you then if its just a moan leave her but if its a distress cry then obviously go back to her,calm her then back down. When Tabs was to meltdown point where she was sooooo loud and nothing would console her i found if i put her on my knee and jiggled her that distracted her.
This is what we did anyway....it is hard but you will get there.
I also wrote down all the nap times Tabs was having and now i go by that.

p.s we get up at same time every day etc too to help.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->