Daytime naps / sleep

Sonny, it takes time. You mentioned Tabs is spirited - it took me a long time too with Ryan. But stick with it. Crying it out I really don't feel is a good option, she is also way too little for it.

Whatever you decide to do, stick with one method because you can confuse baby by changing what you do. Give Tabs a chance to get used to one method. It was about 16 weeks before I could put Ryan in the cot and leave him to sleep on his own. And I still need to help him when he is teething and hitting different developmental stages, but it doesn't take anywhere near as long.

I promise it gets better though.

If she is already stirring at 35 mins, try going in at 30 mins before she stirs.

What about wearing her sonny ?
we have the close baby carrier one. She used to hate it but have been doing it more often and is starting to like it. I cant do everything with it on though as she is quite big to get my arms around and it seems like things take slower to do. I also cant bend down in it and i cant squat as i have terrible knee problems and twisted shins so am limited a little there.
I just went to the local shop with it though and she nodded off yay!

Sonny, it takes time. You mentioned Tabs is spirited - it took me a long time too with Ryan. But stick with it. Crying it out I really don't feel is a good option, she is also way too little for it.

Whatever you decide to do, stick with one method because you can confuse baby by changing what you do. Give Tabs a chance to get used to one method. It was about 16 weeks before I could put Ryan in the cot and leave him to sleep on his own. And I still need to help him when he is teething and hitting different developmental stages, but it doesn't take anywhere near as long.

I promise it gets better though.

If she is already stirring at 35 mins, try going in at 30 mins before she stirs.
Gonna keep trying the nice option for as long as possible as i hate to see her getting worked up.
I also dont put tabs in her crib for nap times,i put her in her buggy which is a pram flat type one so i can have her downstairs with me as with her flappy larnyx she has severely choked on several occassions and only noticed each time as she made a funny noise,so now i check her regularly and if she does it i have to quickly whip her upright and clear her airways if there is any sicky.
After this mornings episode where she was grinning at me i settled her down and put her in her chair while i did other stuff so she could see me...then she got to an over tired point a while later so i calmed her and held her until she slept and she slept for 2 hours and 20 mins!!! is this normal for a baby? and like i just responded to marg she has just nodded off again. She did two mega naps yesterday too but im not sure if thats because she had her jabs yesterday? so we will see.

Oh thankyou for all your help all and to munhkin.
One other thing how do you get ryan to nap while you are out and about?

Oh me yet again!
I forgot to say i bought a white noise cd off ebay and started using that too yesterday so im not sure which factors might be working lol-definately an all or nothing type of girl lol.
She slept really well last night and went straight through for the first time ever too but again maybe thats the jabs? also i put another blanket on her so hope i didnt over cook her and she was comatosed.

She wears a vest,babygrow then has a top sheet and 2 thin blankets,enough?

Wow, she slept 2 hour and 10? Great going. Yes, it's quite normal. Once you manage to extend naps times, it will be much easier.

Totally understand your frustration - I remember being in tears because it used to sometimes take an hour and a half to get Ryan to sleep and then he would sleep 40 mins. Then it used to take another 40 mins doing wake to sleep to get him to sleep for another little while.

I haven't ever used the white noise CDs - but I hear they are very good and wouldn't hesitate to try it.

I used to have Ryan downstairs too (in our other house) during the day as it's a three storey house. Must be quite worrying with her larynx.

They tend to sleep plenty after jabs, so that's what it could have been yesterday.

In terms of being out and about, I try to avoid nap times as far as possible. Having said that we do go out every single afternoon after naps even if for an hour.

If I'm taking the car, I try and schedule outings to leave at nap time because he always sleeps in the car. If he is in his push chair I wheel him around for a few minutes and he is generally asleep with his dummy. Sometimes, he dozes off on his own.

I don't like making a habit of disrupting nap times, because he really doesn't like being out of routine and is very prone to over excitement (he loves being out). I'm sure once he's a little older he will deal with it better.

I use a white noise CD and Noah sleeps 10-12 hours every night. I def think its because of the white noise because when it goes off because a loss of power or error or something he starts to stir.
Noah has anywhere from 1-3 "power naps" then has one good nap anywhere from 2-4 hours. I also put him down pretty early, starting bedtime routine at about 6:30-7pm. I read an article that babies are internaly programed to goto bed early, so I started doing it and sure enough, it really helps him sleep longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->